Card - separated Front / Back

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

elambert24

Card - separated Front / Back

Post by elambert24 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:13 am

I recently was going through a box of Torment I bought some time ago, and came across an oddity I had forgotten about.  When I was opening some packs, I got a Nantuko Cultivator, but the card appeared to be very thin.  After turning it over, I noticed an all blue back.  It was as if it was only the front half of the card, with the back half missing.  Well, about 4 packs later, sure enough the back half showed up, with only the Magic the Gathering on one side, and the same blue front that the Cultivator had.   I actually found another 'half card' in the box, but not the front to it.  It was this fact that, made me think there may be others out there.

I have scans of the cards, but no way to host them, so if you would like the scans or could offer a place to host them for me, I would be greatful.  Any info on these cards, would be appreciated.

EDIT:  I posted this over on mtgnews.com, so you can go to this link to check out some scans.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Info Need on Torment Rarity

Post by dragsamou » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:08 am

I recently was going through a box of Torment I bought some time ago, and came across an oddity I had forgotten about.  When I was opening some packs, I got a Nantuko Cultivator, but the card appeared to be very thin.  After turning it over, I noticed an all blue back.  It was as if it was only the front half of the card, with the back half missing.  Well, about 4 packs later, sure enough the back half showed up, with only the Magic the Gathering on one side, and the same blue front that the Cultivator had.   I actually found another 'half card' in the box, but not the front to it.  It was this fact that, made me think there may be others out there.

I have scans of the cards, but no way to host them, so if you would like the scans or could offer a place to host them for me, I would be greatful.  Any info on these cards, would be appreciated.

EDIT:  I posted this over on mtgnews.com, so you can go to this link to check out some scans.
Hi Elambert.
I have also what we call a Blue Back Card,you can find
also a Blue Front.This is simply the inside of a Magic Card
and they forgot to stick the Front or the Back.You can buy them time to time on E-Bay,and Jim at Troll and Toad used to have some.Hope this help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:18 pm

I am somewhat interested in the extra card you have if you are interested in getting rid of it.  I figure you want to keep a pair (the front and a back).  

LMK sales(at)dpphv2(dot)com

- Rick21n

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:52 pm

I figure you want to keep a pair (the front and a back).  

LMK sales(at)dpphv2(dot)com

- Rick21n
Hi Rick.
You read my mind  ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:29 pm

i actually want one too, soo what will you trade it away for

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:55 pm

Hi Rick.
You read my mind  ;)
Well I knew I wasn't the only one thinking it so I figured I might as well start the offers going.