Worst Godpack EVER

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Worst Godpack EVER

Post by squt » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:50 pm

On another thread people were talking about 'god' packs they opened, and I just had an experience with one I thought I'd share:

I recently won a box of Portuguese Prophecy on E-bay (kinda by accident - I thought it was worth more than $40, but after opening half the box, I now know it isn't).

Anyway, the foil distribution in the box seemed pretty normal, until in the middle I found that one pack had the top card as a foil uncommon (some crappy zombie). Then I noticed the second card was foil, and the third...and I thumbed through the pack, I realized the entire pack was foil!

couldn't have happened with a worse set! Did I get a foil avatar or wind? no, the foil rare was...troublesome spirit.

squt

texsue57

Re: Worst Godpack EVER

Post by texsue57 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:22 am

squt wrote:On another thread people were talking about 'god' packs they opened, and I just had an experience with one I thought I'd share:

I recently won a box of Portuguese Prophecy on E-bay (kinda by accident - I thought it was worth more than $40, but after opening half the box, I now know it isn't).

Anyway, the foil distribution in the box seemed pretty normal, until in the middle I found that one pack had the top card as a foil uncommon (some crappy zombie). Then I noticed the second card was foil, and the third...and I thumbed through the pack, I realized the entire pack was foil!

couldn't have happened with a worse set! Did I get a foil avatar or wind? no, the foil rare was...troublesome spirit.

squt
That sucks, plain and simple. Couldn't have been the Jap Legacy. Damn.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 am

squt wrote:On another thread people were talking about 'god' packs they opened, and I just had an experience with one I thought I'd share:

squt
Portuguese Prophecy? WE didn't buy the set in brazil because it was sooooo bad, why would you want it? :p

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:48 pm

Mr.C wrote:

squt
Portuguese Prophecy? WE didn't buy the set in brazil because it was sooooo bad, why would you want it? :p
Erl00 had been looking for a pack of POR Prophecy for ages for his collection if I recall correctly :-) , but I guess he found it in the end

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:48 am

that's hilarious.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:10 am

ende73 wrote:
Mr.C wrote:

squt
Erl00 had been looking for a pack of POR Prophecy for ages for his collection if I recall correctly :-) , but I guess he found it in the end
BTW, Where is Erl00? Havent seen him posting in months...

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:35 pm

This happened in Minnesota for an english Prophecy pack. A guy I know opened the pack after an Everyone Gets A Prize tournament, and they were all foil, including the Avatar of Woe, which he later got Rippin' Off The Kids-ed.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

misterpid
Legendary World's Toughest Milkman

Post by misterpid » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:07 pm

I know someone who opened an all foil Prophecy pack during a Masques block draft. He took the Avatar of Will and passed the rest.
Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:54 pm

Squt, please tell me you pulled a Spiketail Hatchling at least ?

Ponagger
Legendary Tolarian Academic Ludologist

Foil hotpack

Post by Ponagger » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:01 am

Hey guys,

I have personally opened an all foil 'hotpack' of english Prophecy - and I agree, what a bad set. My rare was Mageta.

I also had two foils in one of my Russian packs - one land where is should be, at the back, and one uncommon replacing the uncommon.

Cheers!

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:15 am

doing 2v2 drafting for all the cards, my partner pulled a pack... least we had a foil foil.. which was a decent money card then.. meh