Guildpact Misprints

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

monkeymadness
Librarities Legend

Post by monkeymadness » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:32 am

rick21n wrote:
Lyellin wrote:I happen to have a foil Gruul Guildmage (non-release version), where the collectors number is: 1(space)(space)/165, missing the two numbers that should be there. If I get a chance, I'll get a scan up, but that requires using the gf's computer, don't know the next chance I'll get.
The foil Shadow Lance is the same way. It is missing the 4 in its 14/165.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:14 pm

This seems pretty major. Anyone have any other Guildpact foils with the wrong #? Anyone have a Shadow Lance or Guildmage of Grull that has the CORRECT #?

Squt

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:43 pm

squt wrote:This seems pretty major. Anyone have any other Guildpact foils with the wrong #? Anyone have a Shadow Lance or Guildmage of Grull that has the CORRECT #?

Squt
My Foil Shadow Lance has the wrong number too. Just busted a case and got the one.. no foil Gruul Mage tho.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Lyellin

Post by Lyellin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Mtgsalvation has pictures up in one of it's forums of a misprinted Foil Thunderheads (same kind of issue, save half the card is missing it's letters). Haven't seen one of these personally.

squt

Post by squt » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:23 pm

HI Lyellin - I had trouble finding the post - could you steer us in the right direction?

Anyone else have a chance to look at some GP foils? If there's two misprints, there have to be more, and I'd love to be able to confirm that all foils are like this.

squt

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:09 am

Well my Guildpact foils consist of Sword of the Paruns, Electrolyze, Repeal, and Douse in Gloom, and they all appear normal.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:34 am

Lyellin wrote:Mtgsalvation has pictures up in one of it's forums of a misprinted Foil Thunderheads (same kind of issue, save half the card is missing it's letters). Haven't seen one of these personally.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachme ... 1138164609
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Lyellin

Post by Lyellin » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:01 am

Thanks Dillgaf - sorry I was slow in responding guys, Getting ready for a big thing tommorow, haven't checked the boards for a day or so.

squt

Post by squt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:35 pm

OK - next question is, has anyone seen a normal one?

Squt

cardguy
Librarities Hero

both versions exist

Post by cardguy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:38 am

Hi,

i have at least 4 foil gruul guildmages and only 1 has the misprint of 1 /165, other 3 are all as they should be - makes me wonder a) how rare are these and b) If only some are misprinted is a printer specific problem? - very odd...
London's Premier CCG Dealer

squt

Post by squt » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:30 pm

Thanks for the further info cardguy. it seems like a pretty specific place to be missing ink for it to be a printing error. it's possible one card on the sheet of uncommons was missing the number, so some specific portion of them are missing the numbers...i know other people on this site have a pretty good knowledge of how many of a card appear on a sheet. anyone want to venture a guess as to the proportion of cards that are misprints like this?

squt

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:01 pm

squt wrote:Thanks for the further info cardguy. it seems like a pretty specific place to be missing ink for it to be a printing error. it's possible one card on the sheet of uncommons was missing the number, so some specific portion of them are missing the numbers...i know other people on this site have a pretty good knowledge of how many of a card appear on a sheet. anyone want to venture a guess as to the proportion of cards that are misprints like this?

squt
I am sure we will come up with many answers for this but last I heard a sheet was 10x11 or 110 cards per sheet. There are 55 Uncommons in Guildpact so each would appear twice to a sheet. Beyond that I guess it would all depend if 1 of 2 on every sheet was like this or if it was caught at some point and corrected.

Just my .02

squt

Post by squt » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:30 pm

ALLLL-RIGHT! I just got a couple of foil Gruul Guildmages and Shadow Lances from a seller on e-bay, and all four cards are #1!!!!!!

Come on guys - I am sure many of you have cracked a few cases of Guildpact at this point - I'd love to hear if you've encountered any other misprints like this, or even if you've found correct Gruul Guildmages or Lances!

Squt

magic_bie
Librarities Legend

Post by magic_bie » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:26 am

My foil Shadow Lance has the correct number: 14/165.

squt

Post by squt » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:36 pm

The only other foil I have pulled from Guildpact is a normal blind hunter. I did, however, see a few misprint foil thunderheads on ebay, so the mistake where several of the letters are missing seems to be about as common as the misprint with the gruul guildmage and shadow lance.

If anyone else could check the foils they've pulled and let us know what you find, that would be great!

Squt