Complete Set of Saga Textless Foils

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

What do you think all 10 cards are worth?

11%
No votes
6%
9%
9%
6%
14%
11%
No votes
More than 10,000.00?
34%

Total votes: 35

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:53 pm

remember that time we chewed out the guy with the harry potter backed cards?

Danztheman

Post by Danztheman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:48 pm

I think it’s reasonable for oddities to be met with some degree of skepticism. It was pretty damn cool when people started linking to year old wizards posts to defend the refuted authenticity of these cards... which are, I assure you ... quite real. So bask in their glory unbelievers =; ! Mad props to those who realized they were looking at the real deal ;-) =D>
Sign up for an account at www.magicarsenal.com and put me as your referrer (danztheman@gmail.com), that way i'll get 10% of your first purchase from them and you'll get $5 free towards your first order. Everyone wins!

inca911
Librarities Legend

Post by inca911 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:25 am

I remember someone telling me a long time ago about having a Foil Survival of the Fittest. I chose to believe them and the card was real. It's been the same with many other test prints and Magic oddities (like the Harry Potter deck) that have appeared over these many years. Personally, these specific cards are very believable to me. There was another textless Avatar that I tracked to Japan which had a pic sent in to Ralph, and several textless Bolts have been confirmed, so other textless cards were probable to exist. This kind of item is what keeps me interested in finding and obtaining Magic rarities. A little skepticism is a fine thing, but I agree with Ralph that we should continue to be kind to our new members. Rarities are hard enough to track down as is. Hopefully Dan will be able to provide additional information to the site. I know that I'm eager to see and hear more from him....

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:30 am

inca911 wrote:I remember someone telling me a long time ago about having a Foil Survival of the Fittest. I chose to believe them and the card was real. It's been the same with many other test prints and Magic oddities (like the Harry Potter deck) that have appeared over these many years. Personally, these specific cards are very believable to me. There was another textless Avatar that I tracked to Japan which had a pic sent in to Ralph, and several textless Bolts have been confirmed, so other textless cards were probable to exist. This kind of item is what keeps me interested in finding and obtaining Magic rarities. A little skepticism is a fine thing, but I agree with Ralph that we should continue to be kind to our new members. Rarities are hard enough to track down as is. Hopefully Dan will be able to provide additional information to the site. I know that I'm eager to see and hear more from him....
Remember that Foil Textless Destiny Sheet, sometime ago?

Danztheman

Post by Danztheman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:06 am

haha, i know the guy who has that. What were you guys saying about that sheet?
Sign up for an account at www.magicarsenal.com and put me as your referrer (danztheman@gmail.com), that way i'll get 10% of your first purchase from them and you'll get $5 free towards your first order. Everyone wins!

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:Dear members,

I hope you are aware that by the constant expression of doubt, you significantly lessen the chance that people are willing to share their prized possessions with this community in the future.

Happy new year
This "constant expression of doubt" also significantly lessens the likelyhood that people will even attempt to fool us with hoaxes. I mean, if they know they won't get away with it, why try? Mr.C noted that we're not mtgnews.com. Ever wonder why that is? It isn't because are just "nice" to us and "mean" to mtgnews.com, but rather, because we do doubt - because we don't reward those who would hoax. A few false positives (and I'm not saying this is a false positive) may result, but that's the price of keeping our site hoax free. The alternative would yield false negatives and undermine the legitimacy and authority of this site as a whole.
Remember that Foil Textless Destiny Sheet, sometime ago?
I don't... maybe it'd be a good idea to start saving notable eBay auctions and hosting copies of them on this website, for propsperities sake?

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm

TerraFrost: Alas, I disagree. The reason this forum is different from MTGNews and MTGSalvation is because it focuses on a very narrow portion of Magic that is far too boring for the majority and especially for underage fool-makers. Both MTGNews and MTGSalvation are flodded with people who repeatedly call rumored cards (which turn out to be true in most cases) fake all the time to the annoyance of both those people who have undertaken the risk to share inside knowledge and those who visit the website in hope to learn about a few new cards. I have scanned enough cards to learn that very little can be said about authenticity by looking at an image alone. Reality tends to look unrealistic when cought in an image. Therefore, you have to tend to other means to find your verdict. The principle "in benefit of the doubt" is a good start. In summary, blind belief is naive, but zealous disbelief is paralyzing.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:38 pm

BORING!!? What's boring about sorting cards and putting them in sleeves!!??

:shock:

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Danztheman wrote:haha, i know the guy who has that. What were you guys saying about that sheet?
Hi.
I did find back the Post about it ;-)
http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/modc ... 9b2b50de4c
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:28 pm

Alexis, link no worky-worky. :(

"Invalid_session"

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:08 am

Try this link:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1707

The other link didn't work 'cause it's the post moderators / admins use to split threads ;)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:29 am

TerraFrost wrote:Try this link:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1707

The other link didn't work 'cause it's the post moderators / admins use to split threads ;)
Hi Terra.
Thanks,I'm not so familiar with these High Technologies ;-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

jusahm

badongo

Post by jusahm » Wed May 24, 2006 10:54 am

hi, i would like to follow that discussion but i cant reach the badongo web page, is that site down?