Prerelease Card Future Sight is Korlash,Heir to Blackblade

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Volc - I really dig it. I agree that it might not need a keyword, but i like that they've given you something to do with a duplicate legend you draw if you already have one in play.

I went back and re-read D's post - whew - glad they're not permanent. The most common gripe i've heard in my play group is that the futuristic card frame doesn't lend itself well to a fantasy setting, and i tend to agree. But if this is a one-off, I can get behind that - there will be no doubt about which cards are timeshifted!

And Tetsuo - an elder dragon would need room for 7 mana requirements - the 6 colored and the colorless number.

Squt

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:35 pm

Volcanon wrote:The ability on the pre-release card is kinda lame. There's really no reason to keyword something that narrow.
Note that it's not a keyword, however, just an ability word. Anyway, looks like R&D pulled this mechanic right out of Vs. to give extra Legends a good use.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:12 am

Next thing they will have is "Gameshift", where you can play cards from other games in mtg. YUGIOH = 3000/2500 haste trample I R WINNAR.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:26 pm

C'mon, Mark Rosewater even says in today's article that they're not the real future card face. He also said that we (as fans) would influence what mechanics actually appear in future sets, which i think is pretty cool.

squt