New Judge foils or ebay-scam?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:23 pm

Dilligaf wrote:
Judges have had the chance as of late to earn additional judge promos directly from WOTC for their assistance in a couple of new projects. Though I would have thought they would have liquidated older promos before releasing brand new ones it is possible that this is where they came from.
the program you are referring to is the DCIX program, but they compensation is not judge foils, they are pro-tour foil repacks.

there is no additional way to get judge foils other than working for a major event, or via the annual mailing.
What are 'Pro Tour Foil Repacks'?

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:42 pm

at the protour in limited events, packs are prescreened to remove any foils.

PT Foil repacks, are 15 card packs (1 rare, 3 unc, 11 com) of foils siphoned out of these draft packs.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:41 pm

Dilligaf wrote:at the protour in limited events, packs are prescreened to remove any foils.

PT Foil repacks, are 15 card packs (1 rare, 3 unc, 11 com) of foils siphoned out of these draft packs.
That's a sucky reward.

Unless Judges get hundreds of these packs, of course.

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:51 pm

the amount a judge recieves is dependent on the amount of work the judge does in the DCIX program.. so it can be rewarding if you are willing to work for it.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:25 pm

Dilligaf wrote:
here is no additional way to get judge foils other than working for a major event, or via the annual mailing.
I know 100% this is an incorrect statement. There has been multiple past precendences of article writers being rewarded with cards like this. In fact, the first DCI foil Counterspells we given out to authors first prior to judges receiving these following spring. I do recall the first Counterspell coming out around this same time of year back in 2000 (Dec 28th was the exact first auction date). We only saw author leaks until Spring of 01 when more were given out to high level judges. His claim on advanced copies is truth and does happen. I also know that Lightning Bolts, Hammer of Bogardans, and Gaea's Cradles have been given out in this same fashion to authors. The problem is that one can only record a date when one sees the item and even an attempt to find out when the item was received by does not always pan out.

Achivist: Since you say you know the seller, please find out when he did receive these cards. He may have sat on them over the holidays (Thanksgiving) prior to tossing them up on eBay. I'd like to have as accurate records on this as we can.

Alexis: I concur on your card codes at the bottom. Also I too am confused where the missing cards are. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when the 'last' card is given out. The first judge mailng was in 2000 with Memory Lapse given out as a holiday? gift (December 25th). The next judge mailng was Balance in May of 2004. One thing to note is the Balance is 2/6 G04. The Deranged Hermits were given out in a mailing as well in Aug of 2005, but of course this card was 5/6 G04. I consider this a fluke and think that someone must have discovered the pile and goes "hey we never gave these out!". We are missing 2/4 G05 and this latest advanced copy set does not have 2/4 G06 in it. My theory is the second card for each year will be a future judge mailng. The pattern seems to fit suspiciously for card #2 each year. When they are mailed is chaotic and up in the air.

Although based on past experience, I am inclined to believe these are real outright, here are a couple of tidbits to bolster the claim of these bring real. First off I had on good rumor of Pernicious Deed coming out in the future from a source. If these advanced copies are real, this will prove the rumor. Second, I have Mike Sutfin's personal email address and I shot off a quick email inquiring if he did this art. His answer should be able to cement these being real.

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:37 pm

i was unaware about Authors being paid in foils, i stand (sit) corrected.

we were told some time ago on DCI JudgeL that foils were given to judges for working premier events only.

DCI/WoTC breaking thier own policies is thier own business.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:59 pm

Dilligaf wrote:i was unaware about Authors being paid in foils, i stand (sit) corrected.

we were told some time ago on DCI JudgeL that foils were given to judges for working premier events only.

DCI/WoTC breaking thier own policies is thier own business.
Not true. Look at the wording what you just said. Judges only get these cards for premier events only. This says nothing regarding whom else might get these. I think you just read/heard this the wrong way. What you stated still is true and is not wrong. Judges have to be at premier events to get the cards, which is a truth. If WOTC pays people in premier product for other services does not violate what was stated. Sorry to be such a sea lawyer, but the wording does leave lattitude for others outside of judges to get the cards.

As BigGamesSupply pointed out, WOTC is basically printing money. This has often long been talked about around here and it is we collectors/players that fuel the value on these cards. I try to neve tie a price amount to things such as this as anything of this nature is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:01 pm

Mike Sutfin got back to me and confirmed having done the artwork. These cards are 100% authentic in my opinion.

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:15 pm

mintcollector wrote:These cards are 100% authentic in my opinion.
Well, as long a you're sure...

](*,)
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:55 pm

Archivist wrote:

](*,)
..|.,

=;

Agreement

Post by Agreement » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:45 am

Archivist wrote:

](*,)
Of course he is sure. And if you do not accept his opinion - well then, it's ASS LEACH time!

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:43 am

[quote="Agreement"][/quote]

What a fitting name.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:09 am

i was told these would be handed out this wkend @ worlds

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:32 pm

Agreement wrote:
Archivist wrote:

](*,)
Of course he is sure. And if you do not accept his opinion - well then, it's ASS LEACH time!
Or I might just call you an idiot because very few people take time to research or back up their claims.

Oh, and you are an idiot, or at least illiterate...LEECH, not LEACH.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:46 pm

did anyone notice that he has 4 Exaltets available in this auction allone?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MTG-DCI-Alternat ... dZViewItem

would make a total of 7 WOW.
thats a lotus for him.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506