BOK Punch Tokens

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

BOK Punch Tokens

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:41 am

Hi Members.
As I just bought those:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
Card features images from the Betrayers of Kamigawa expansion. The images are pre-cut and can be removed for use as tokens or markers. Card has never been used and the markers are still attached to card. These cards were issued in gaming magazines to promote the expansion. Card contains four removable tokens
I was wondering if they should be in the Magic Rarities Section,as Promotional Official Tokens?Do you know in which MTG Magazines,they were distributed?And Which Artists?Also,does others of this type exist?
Thanks for your help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:49 am

Well, they're not really tokens, until we see "Decapitated-Head" tokens produced by a card. Aren't these part of another ad where the heads are missing?

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:56 am

aren't these the same kind of stuff like the throwing stars?
Don't think they belong on this site...

The throwing stars could also be used as tokens, heck, everything can be used as tokens......
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:42 am

This is the same punch out promo stuff they had inserted in magazines for other sets.

Remember the equipment ones?

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:38 pm

At the moment, there are 2 types of promos being spoken about here - the throwing stars and the heads. I do not know exactly where/how the ninja stars were done, but the heads that Alexis is referring to, is part of the retailers promotional package that WotC sends out every 6 weeks or so. The Retailer package is normally consists of an 8 page 'newsletter', giving updates on products, perhaps Wizards asking a question or poll of the retailers, release dates for upcoming products, etc. As well, there is often some kind of product promos too, such as a few loose cards (either promoting one card game or various games), hanging mobiles, window clings, posters, etc.
I think also that regional distributors are given these packages also, but I have only received the packages as a retailer. Some of those packkages can be quite full of items and other packages very little - it all just depends at the time. A lot of that stuff could perhaps be considered rarities items, as it is a special production item for the retailers, but since it is not available for the general public, does that perhaps not make them rarities, I do not know. I just wish I would have kept some of those things from when I was still receiving them.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:03 pm

At the moment, they are out of focus for the website. The time will come eventually. Until then, all information is stored in the forum.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:19 pm

silver.paladin wrote:At the moment, there are 2 types of promos being spoken about here - the throwing stars and the heads. I do not know exactly where/how the ninja stars were done, but the heads that Alexis is referring to, is part of the retailers promotional package that WotC sends out every 6 weeks or so. The Retailer package is normally consists of an 8 page 'newsletter', giving updates on products, perhaps Wizards asking a question or poll of the retailers, release dates for upcoming products, etc. As well, there is often some kind of product promos too, such as a few loose cards (either promoting one card game or various games), hanging mobiles, window clings, posters, etc.
I think also that regional distributors are given these packages also, but I have only received the packages as a retailer. Some of those packkages can be quite full of items and other packages very little - it all just depends at the time. A lot of that stuff could perhaps be considered rarities items, as it is a special production item for the retailers, but since it is not available for the general public, does that perhaps not make them rarities, I do not know. I just wish I would have kept some of those things from when I was still receiving them.
The stars came from distributers on a fairly regular basis, usually 1-4 thrown in with each shipment (at least for us). and the heads were in several magazines such as scrye.
the same art (headless samurai) was also made into a lenticular picture that was sent out, i believe, from WotC and distributers, same as the stars.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:36 pm

Hi Members.
Thanks for the infos.I didn't noticed it was decapitated heads :oops:
No wonder,as I do not know nothing about the last Editions,Extensions.
I did bought them because of the description,and I was thinking that they were in the same style as the Duelist Tokens and therefore could be Magic Rarities.By reading your comments it looks like they canno't even be used as Tokens,as "Deca Heads" doesn't exist,that I know of.I won't cry for the price,I get them but for the 7.80$ that the stupid Ebay Calculator indicates and that the seller request
and that I pay for ;D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:24 am

Alexis: These were magazine inserts into Scrye earlier this year (April I think).