items in existence

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

items in existence

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:45 am

I have a few gaps of knowledge regarding the existence of some Magic standard products. Maybe you can help clarify the situation. I would like to have confirmed the existence of the following items:

Revised Gift Box in Italian and French

Fourth Edition Gift in other languages besides English

Fifth Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and T.Chinese

Sixth Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and T-Chinese

7th Edition Sampler Pack in German, Portuguese, Japanse, T-Chinese, and S-Chinese

7th Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Spanish and Portuguese

7th Edition Theme Decks in any other language than English and German

8th Edition Sampler Pack in Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, T-Chinese, and S-Chinese

8th Edition Demogame Pack in Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, T-Chinesen, and S-Chinese

8th Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and T-Chinese

8th Edition Theme Decks in any other language than English and German

Furthermore, there is a number of English 2 Player Starter Sets with rules printed in other languages. So far confirmed are the following (at the moment only covering Core Set products):

6th Edition Scandinavian
7th Edition Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Russian

I am sure there are more, especially for the 8th Edition 2 Player Starter Set.

Last but definitely not least is the fact that member alotenor2 has stated that there is a 6th Edition Tournament Pack with Dutch rules. This opens a whole new world of pain for collectors, as there could be many more Tournament Packs (or Core Set Demogame and Sampler Packs ...) with foreign rules in existence.

Support in this matter is welcome.

Zeromus

Re: items in existence

Post by Zeromus » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:23 am

I can confirm to you the existence of the following items:

- Sixth Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Spanish
- 7th Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Spanish
- 8th Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Spanish
- 7th and 8th Edition Theme Decks in Spanish

Right now, I'm trying to communicate with the distributing company in my country to confirm the existence of Spanish 8th Edition Sampler Packs and Demogame Packs. I'll keep you informed as soon as I get some info about this ;)!

I can also confirm you of the existence of a Sixth Edition Spanish Tournament Pack with Spanish rules.

If possible, I'd like to see a 5th Edition Starter Set picture to confirm you if a Spanish version of it exists/existed or not. That would be the info that I can provide you with... I know that it's not that much, but I hope that it will be useful to you :).

alotenor2
Librarities Legend

Post by alotenor2 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:08 am

5th Edition Two-Player set in Spanish:

WOC24035
Barcode 7 42818 24035 2

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:53 am

Last but definitely not least is the fact that member alotenor2 has stated that there is a 6th Edition Tournament Pack with Dutch rules. This opens a whole new world of pain for collectors, as there could be many more Tournament Packs (or Core Set Demogame and Sampler Packs ...) with foreign rules in existence.

Support in this matter is welcome.
Yes, I have it as well as a 6th Ed Tournament deck including rulesheets in: Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish (all in the same deck).

Here are some comment on other products:
- Revised Gift Box in Italian and French
- Fourth Edition Gift in other languages besides English
I am 99.9% sure they do not exist in French, I would have seen some.

- 7th Edition Sampler Pack in German, Portuguese, Japanse, T-Chinese, and S-Chinese
Portuguese supposed to exist, according to Mr.C

- 8th Edition Sampler Pack in Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, T-Chinese, and S-Chinese
- 8th Edition Demogame Pack in Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, T-Chinesen, and S-Chinese
They definitely exist in Italian
They are said to exist in Spanish too.
I have asked several times about a French 8th Demogame pack in shops / forums, etc. in France and have so far never had any input that such a pack existed.

- 8th Edition Theme Decks in any other language than English and German
They of course exist in French

I am also sure about the existence of 7th and 8th Edition 2-player boxes including rulesheets in Hungarian and maybe Polish but have so dfar been unsuccessful in getting any.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:34 am

no, not supposed... scan:

Front:

Back:

along with the p2 sampler...

hope this helps
I collect foils and FBB Base Sets. PM me.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:35 am

8th Edition Theme Decks in any other language than English and German

yep, in portuguese, too

8th Edition 2 Player Starter Set in Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and T-Chinese

yep, in portuguese, too...
I collect foils and FBB Base Sets. PM me.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:35 am

Hi Ralph.
To my knowledge and by answers from Different contacts:
7th Edition Sampler Pack T-Chinese, and S-Chinese
These do not exist.
8th Edition Demogame Pack  Spanish.
This one Exist,a Scan was already shown on the Forum by a Spanish Member.
8th Edition Sampler Pack T-Chinese.
On a previous Post,I mentioned that a Demo Booster exists,my mistake,as,I just received a Scan,it's in fact a Sampler Version in T-Chinese.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:48 am

Thank you all for your input. All the data has been processed. Please report new findings.

By the way, does somebody know whether 2 Player Starter Sets Boxes and Theme Decks Boxes have a seperate product code?

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:07 pm

7th edition English 2 Player Starter Sets with Russian rulebook. I know Russian so if I understood them correct it's even still available for sale - but only to residents of former USSR. It even costs about only 6$. Inside the blue circle you see on the first image it is written in Russian: "Rules in Russian language". The second image is the contents (?) of the box - you can see the Russian rulebook in big scale.

8th edition English 2 Player Starter Sets with Russian rulebook. Costs about 15$. Also available only to USSR from their shop. If I understood their site right, this set (as opposite to 7th edition) is equivalent to UK/USA set because sealed inside the box are English rules, while Russian rules are included separately by the shop when you purchase the box. So if you want to have "Russian" version you need to get only the Rulebook.

8th edition Box set. According to their site, also has Russian rules with it, along with English rules. It is not specified clearly whether the Russian rules are sealed inside the box (as in 7th edition 2 player set) or added by the shop outside the box (as in 8th edition 2 player set ???)

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:33 pm

Thank you JohnS and welcome to the boards :)

You indeed bring good news to sealed stuff collectors as we do not need to get these 8th edition products as they are similar to the English ones. This is really good news :)

Thanks,
Eric. :)
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:59 pm

Thank you very much for this warm greeting!
In fact, I was browsing the forum as guest for about half a year already, but recently felt the need to register - partly because guests cannot write messages  :D

As a bonus to all Rules collectors, here's some really rare stuff: 7th edition English 2 Player Starter Sets with Hebrew rulebook. This worked like the Russian 8th edition Starter set - I mean the box was sealed like USA/UK box with English rules inside, but when you bought it, you also received a Hebrew rulebook from the shop owner. I think only about of 100 of those books were printed. I myself own 2  [smiley=cheeky.gif] I really don't know how much should it be worth... Can anybody give me an idea so I might sell mine of eBay?  [smiley=scared.gif]

[img]members.pundak.co.il/magician/hebrules.gif[/img]

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:44 pm

Hey, don't call my language non-major :P
There are about 10 million people speaking it  ;)

I can't sell it right now because I prepare translation for 8th edition rulebook in Hebrew and use this book as reference. But if you're serious at buying, PM me with a price. I can sell it in about a month or so...

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:35 pm

No clue how much the Hebrew book would be worth, but I would be interested in trading for it/buying it, as an FYI.  I don't have a fancy shmancy trade list, but if you are looking for anything in particular, drop me a PM here..

Gryfalia
He's just this guy, ya know?

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:48 pm

Heh :)
And then you sell it for a hundred of $$$ on eBay?  [smiley=cheeky.gif] I'm not a rarities collector in any way, so it would be very helpful for me to know its real value before I give it away for a FOIL Elvish Champion  ;)

And sorry for my bad English, what's FYI ?

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:53 pm

no seriously - they aren't worth much at all.  Even the older rulebooks rarely sell for more than $10-15.

FYI = For your information