items in existence

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Re: items in existence

Post by Gryfalia » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:00 pm

The market for obscure rule books in non-major languages is about as big as..well, this room..;-)

It's a personal interest thing..CARDS I sell

Gryfalia
He's just this guy, ya know?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:05 pm

Heh :)
And then you sell it for a hundred of $$$ on eBay?  [smiley=cheeky.gif]  ;)
Hi JohnS and Welcome  ;)
I will say between 2$ and 10$ Max  ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:35 pm

Thanx very much!

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:58 pm

Hi JohnS and Welcome  ;)
I will say between 2$ and 10$ Max  ;)

Yeah, something like $5+ shipping should be ok.

BY the way, if you like this site and if you would be willing to donate, I think Ralph likes rulebooks ;D
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:52 am

JohnS: Thank you for the nice photos and welcome to the forum. It is very interesting to learn that WotC has produced separate rule books in foreign languages. Nice find!

On a side note, JohnS shows the photo of an Eighth Edition Box Set. This item has been discussed here (http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... ;start=8#8), but some questions have remained, for example whether this really is a genuine WotC product, where it has been offered for sale, in which languages it exists, and whether the contents listed by motorcitymagic differ in any way from items found in the Eighth Edition 2 Player Starter Set (also called Core Game).

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:09 am

JohnS: Thank you for the nice photos and welcome to the forum. It is very interesting to learn that WotC has produced separate rule books in foreign languages. Nice find!

On a side note, JohnS shows the photo of an Eighth Edition Box Set. This item has been discussed here (http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... ;start=8#8), but some questions have remained, for example whether this really is a genuine WotC product, where it has been offered for sale, in which languages it exists, and whether the contents listed by motorcitymagic differ in any way from items found in the Eighth Edition 2 Player Starter Set (also called Core Game).
This is a genuine WotC product, I have seen it for same in Great Britain.

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:25 pm

Thanks Ralph. Regarding WOTC producing Rulebooks in different languages, it's not that straightforward. Rulebooks that are sealed inside the box (like 7th edition Russian, or all Europian languages boxes, as well as Japanese, Chinese etc.) are I think really produced by WOTC. However rulebooks that are outside the box, and attached separately by the shop owner when you buy the box (like 7th edition Hebrew) -as far as I know WOTC doesn't produce them personally - at least in Israel. Rather, WOTC subsidizes the country distributor with some money enough to make a translation and to print the book, but the responsibility to do all this and to distribute the book along with the boxes is solely on country distributor. That means that the book doesn't have to be "Wizards standard" - for example the Hebrew rulebook is not color (like all official WOTC rulebooks). Rather, as you may see on the scan, it's printed in mono blue ink on white paper, so it's basically black&white (err, blue&white). Our distributor kept the English front page as you may see on my scan, and only translated the contents.

8 edition Box Set is a genuine WOTC product for sure. And it is sold on all ex-USSR territory. The price is about 33$ if I translate from Russian Roubles. Here it is contents (translated from Russian):

1. Core Set theme (?) decks - Eighth edition:
   - Green - 1 (40 cards);
   - Black - 1 (40 cards)
2. Boosters:
   - 8th edition booster - 1
   - Mirrodin booster - 1
   - Darksteel booster - 1
3. Twenty-side (20) dices with Mirrodin symbol - 2
4. Foil cards - 2
5. Rulebooks:
   - in Russian (includes description of all cards from Core set);
   - in English
6. Comfortable plastic case with special "holes" for all the products.

And here is the image of inside:

P.S. Also, Ralph, could you please save all those images I posted here to your computer (at least at home)? Because I don't know when the shop might delete it from the site  :o
As with the Hebrew rulebook - tell me if you need other scans of it (of inside, for example).

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:50 pm

JohnS: Thank you for the additional information. I have saved the images, by the way, so do not worry.

I wonder whether the English rule book in this box set is identical to the rule book in the 8th Edition Core Game. Furthermore, does somebody have the product codes? Is there a faint possibility that this box set is existant in other languages?

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:59 pm

JohnS: Thank you for the additional information. I have saved the images, by the way, so do not worry.

I wonder whether the English rule book in this box set is identical to the rule book in the 8th Edition Core Game. Furthermore, does somebody have the product codes? Is there a faint possibility that this box set is existant in other languages?
It has not shown up in any French shop ...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:42 am

seahorse wrote:Cheapest proxy service on the net! Daily socks proxy list service. Lists are updated 3-5 times per day.

http://www.checkproxy.net
Spammers [-X
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:56 pm

OMG! A PROXY SERVER!

must.... donate... millions....