Difference between Alpha/Beta

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Sheilak

Difference between Alpha/Beta

Post by Sheilak » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:07 pm

I am tryig to organize all my cards for resale and can't tell the difference between which cards are alpha, beta and revised? Can someone help me? I also find such prices differences online,..what sites have the best average prices fo cards?

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:02 am

Welcome to magiclibrary.

Anyways to answer your question, ALPHA cards are black bordered and have very very rounded edges compared to all other kinds of magic cards. Just pick up a white bordered card and overlay them ontop of each other. If it is VERY different from the white bordered card then you have ALPHA, other than that you have BETA.

As for revised and unlimited the differences are a little more subtle.They will both have the same cut, BUT unlimited cards usually have a blurry look to them due to the way they printed the cards. PLUS some unlimited cards still feature the unusually large text characters that are similar to some ALPHA/BETA cards.

Hope this sorta helps.

-=Renegade=-

Post by -=Renegade=- » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:38 pm

H!

Check out this Flowchart, it's the best edition finder i know.
Here you can see the differences between Alpa/Beta and Unlimited/Revised pretty well.

Especially the Unlimited / Revised cards are easy to distinguish if you look on the frame near the Border.
And how wizard1 has pointed out, the edges of Alpha and Beta Cards are compeltely different.

Hope i could help you

cya

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:24 pm

wow that flowchart is pretty cool. (tho 2001 is a bit old, but its not terribly hard to tell the difference between present sets)