"Magic Guild" stamp

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

justkitteh
Librarities Member

"Magic Guild" stamp

Post by justkitteh » Sun May 14, 2006 9:12 am

I've seen a few cards around with a stamp on the bottom boarder, upside down, which read "Magic Guild"... What are they?

jusahm

stamp

Post by jusahm » Wed May 24, 2006 11:13 am

hi justkitteh, i suppose that most cards that have stamps on it are not so much worth, becaus noone is really interested in these cards. this is my opinion, every try to start dealing or trading these cards here on this bord ebbed after short mailing. maybe some days there is a collector who has technical knowledge to collect scans of these cards so we get an overview what they are worth how big their distribution is and so on. i have lot of stamped cards and would send scans to the person that would build a picutre library.

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Thu May 25, 2006 6:14 am

Usually, cards are stamped at major Limited tournaments to avoid possible cheating by adding own cards. Much more likely than not, stamped cards just carry the mark of the place such tournament was ran at.
The CheeseshireCat

jusahm

stamped cards

Post by jusahm » Thu May 25, 2006 9:03 am

thank you for this hint, i already thought that, because the person i bought this cards from, was a pro tour player, he told something like that but i could not remember exactly his words.

but that makes sense, they open the booster sign the cards with stamps and put them back in same order in the booster. than the players start their drafting. good idea.

the last drafting tournament i played was won by a person that drafted goodlike:-)
months after the tournament was over the first of us recognized that it was not possible to draft like he did. because no one ever drafted two serra angel and a sword to plowshares out of a single revised boosterpack. i dont know weahter its possible ever? same uncommon in one boster, i never had this and i opend more than 100.000 boosters.

and that is just one part of his deck:-) yea cheaters were also in the beginning of magic under us, but the game survived, that s agood sign for the game.