Question about 9Th Edition Demo Booster or Sampler ?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Question about 9Th Edition Demo Booster or Sampler ?

Post by dragsamou » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:07 pm

Hi Members.
As some of us,are collecting these elusive Demo Booster and Samplers
I was wondering few things about the 9th Edition Promotion.So far,the ONLY thing,I could find was a Sampler from England :shock:
I have located a Demo CD,but Not one US Samplers or Boosters :roll:
While I was at a 3 Days Game Convention in Paris,I took opportunity to ask at the Wizards stand,they told me that regarding France No boosters or Samplers were available,I could confirmed as I saw these Starters 2 Player made for Demo Game all over the tables.So,is it a new policy of WOTC/Hasbro to SELL these Starters 2 players made for Demo Game and not creating anymore Samplers or Boosters(Or a Very Limited quantities in some Countries) that you could get for free in MTG Shops or events,with the exception of the ones that you could find in MTG magazines sometimes?Any help or anwers are welcomed :wink: Thanks.
PS:I did get an answer from Russia,No Samplers or Boosters Demo also.
And if they was a place to create some,I believe it was for the Russian MTG Launching :shock:
Last News The German Sampler Exist.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ponagger
Legendary Tolarian Academic Ludologist

Post by Ponagger » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:06 pm

Hi there,

I work at Card Heaven - in Melbourne, Australia, and we have only just (today!) got the Demo Game for 9th edition - 22 card booster-style packs with a really basic rules insert.

If you want more info, please PM or message here.
Last edited by Ponagger on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:15 pm

Ponagger wrote:Hi there,

I work at Card Heaven, and we have only just (today!) got the Demo Game for 9th edition - 22 card booster-style packs with a really basic rules insert.

If you want more info, please PM or message here.
Hi.
Thanks for the info.Can you provide a list of the cards?Any S- Special cards in it?And PM sent :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ponagger

Contents of demo-packs

Post by Ponagger » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:57 am

Ok, the packs contain;

1x Grizzly Bears 246/350
1x Eager Cadet S1/10
2x Glory Seeker 17/350
2x Trained Armadon 274/350
2x Plains one each of 331 & 334
3x Forest one each of 348, 349 & 350
1x Spineless Thug 165/350
1x Goblin Raider S8/10
2x Hill Giant 197/350
2x Scathe Zombie 160/350
3x Mountain one each of 343, 344 & 345
2x Swamp one each of 340 & 341

So, it's kind of interesting that they included starter commons in the packs I guess - what does that mean for the sheets that these came from? 22 card packs don't really divide nicely into any sheet I am aware of - hopefully the community can enlighten us.

The Demo Game sheet is pretty sweet too, with a basic choreographed game, and heaps of encouraging noises. No barcode, though there are several codes - if any one needs these please ask - I don't know which ones are relevent.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Re: Contents of demo-packs

Post by flatmatt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:12 am

Ponagger wrote:So, it's kind of interesting that they included starter commons in the packs I guess - what does that mean for the sheets that these came from? 22 card packs don't really divide nicely into any sheet I am aware of - hopefully the community can enlighten us.
Well, the sheets are generally optimized for space when the number of cards is a multiple of 11. 22 certainly fits that.

Ponagger

Post by Ponagger » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:54 am

Ok., so an 11x10 sheet would provide exactly 5 demopacks. I thought that the sheets were 'square', ie 10x10 or 11x11 - but there was no real basis for that assumption. Cheers!

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:43 am

filler cards have to come from somewhere....

not every card on a sheet has to be filled remember.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:04 pm

Well, even if they did have to be an 11x11 square, they could just have two different sheets, one containing 5 complete sets and one half of a sixth, and the second containing the second half of that set and 5 more. Or just half the booster repeated 11 times on each sheet.