Japanese BB 4th Boosters

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Japanese BB 4th Boosters

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:47 am

Pretty much all of my Japanese BB 4th came from starters, but I purchased a lot of boosters on Ebay and got a Japanese 4th booster that didn't say it was BB, but ended up being so (go me!).

Anyway, the rare and uncommons look more or less normal (tho the uncommons do have a bit of the sheen I am talking about), but the commons have this insanely glaring 'shine' on them. The cards almost look oily, they are so shiny. They even seem to feel a bit slick.

Has anyone with more experience opening Japanese 4th BB boosters noticed this?

Gryfalia

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:31 am

I opened several japanese 4th bb booster boxes and none of them are glossy or waxy. they all have a consistent gloss which is somewhat less than normal english cards. Would you mind send me one?

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:11 am

Quick! Get out your blacklight!

LOL
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:25 am

Wish I knew where it was (humor here..well, I don't know where it is, but at this moment don't care too much..;-).

As soon as we get a new scanner/printer (the last one had an..accident) I will get some scans.

Gryfalia

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:14 am

I've aquired some of these ultra glossy japanese cards. The front is indeed really really shiny, but the back appears to be normal. They seem to be legit. Probably just a printing variation like what happened in Mirage.

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:52 pm

I've also had few with abit glossy, nothing very special though (from what I've seen)

What I hate more is, like mirage, some of the jap 4th cards are like bending.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:59 am

Actually, I went back throug my fbb japanese 4th today and about half my commons are glossy. Is it possible all boosters were this way? I have lots of commons that aren't but I also opened a lot of starters. I also noted that NONE of my basic land is glossy, which leads me to believe the glossy cards came in boosters only, and never starters.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:00 pm

l0qii wrote:Actually, I went back throug my fbb japanese 4th today and about half my commons are glossy. Is it possible all boosters were this way? I have lots of commons that aren't but I also opened a lot of starters. I also noted that NONE of my basic land is glossy, which leads me to believe the glossy cards came in boosters only, and never starters.
Wasn't there basic lands in boosters, too? Or was this only in portuguese 4th?

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:52 pm

Gryfalia wrote:Wish I knew where it was (humor here..well, I don't know where it is, but at this moment don't care too much..;-).

As soon as we get a new scanner/printer (the last one had an..accident) I will get some scans.

Gryfalia
scanned your butt? ;D

Anyway, as always, if you know of anywhere to get White border 4th edition japanese I am interested. My set contains 2 cards that I think are actually from 5th.