A/B/U print sheets

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Re: A/B/U print sheets

Post by silver.paladin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:37 am

I will use COMMON sense and assume they were kept together (seriously, if you had both sets, you'd play mix and match?)

but you could go with what gryf said and scan for fixed misprints..

some of us here use brainpower.. [smiley=idea.gif] marvel idea isnt it?

©
Sometimes using brainpower takes too much energy, and for some, its energy they cannot afford to lose  ;)
For me, I can cheat, and just have copies of each version of Alpha and Beta in front of me, and I will know exactly what all the differences are.  I find this much easier for myself - especially either late at night, or after a few drinks   [smiley=ok.gif]
Oct 30, away until further notice

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:50 am

yer jerkoff response warrants this..

I will use COMMON sense and assume they were kept together (seriously, if you had both sets, you'd play mix and match?)

but you could go with what gryf said and scan for fixed misprints..

some of us here use brainpower.. [smiley=idea.gif] marvel idea isnt it?

©

Wow!  That was completely uncalled for.  

From what I understand and know about sheets (which may be very little), I was under the impression that each rarity is printed on a different sheet.

I knew that the cop was not in the original, but i did not know about the dual land.  Therefore, I asked if the uncommon sheet had any cards missing.

Furthermore, yes, if a collector has the sheets, he will not mix them up.  However, I have often seen someone have one sheet and not a full set of sheets.  It is not as obvious as you may think that someone would have a complete set of them, if at all.

As for your rude comment toward me, you are living up to the genre' of your name.  'nuff said, G!    [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif][smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Crystal_Lotus

Post by Crystal_Lotus » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:32 pm

another one that should be easy to spot on the uncommon sheet would be Icy...the Alpha are quite a bit lighter in color and have differant text...beta and unlimited have "No effects are generated by target card." whereas Alpha does not.

Cardhaus

Post by Cardhaus » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:53 am

Since we have the Rare and Uncommon sheet nailed down, I guess I will point out the much darker image on the Red Elemental Blast from the Beta set.  

That should give you enough info to differentiate which sheets you have.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:44 am

Ok, I have to say this..

Not to mention the fact that the Alpha REB is an instant...;-)

Gryfalia
He's just this guy, ya know?

merfolkguy
Librarities Hero

Post by merfolkguy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:06 am

look for volcanic island and cop black

I believe Throat Wolf (the 2/2 that can attack on your opponent's turn) was only in Alpha as well, they replaced it with an extra Timber Wolves in Beta/Unlimited.

[smiley=smartass.gif]
Collecting Merfolk and Lords of Atlantis, 1 of each, every language, misprints, etc.

Atlantis - The Merfolk Project

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:48 am

I believe Throat Wolf (the 2/2 that can attack on your opponent's turn) was only in Alpha as well, they replaced it with an extra Timber Wolves in Beta/Unlimited.

[smiley=smartass.gif]
Roflmao [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:41 am

merfolkguy wrote:

look for volcanic island and cop black

[smiley=smartass.gif]
Don't forgest Firstest strike. :wink: