Magic Statues

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

victorfrost

rarities

Post by victorfrost » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:30 pm

silver.paladin........... I have to disagree with you about something.  Just because something isn't a card doesn't mean that it doesn't belong on this site.  A magic related rarity is a magic related rarity.  If anyone has something like an old catalog with boxes of beta advertised in it for cheap, I would love to have something like that.  I also think it would be cool to own something like the first issue of scrye just to look at old prices.

Something else that I have been looking for that isn't a card came to mind.  Anyone remember how wizards did the announcing for what cards were in and what cards were out for 6th edition?  They had wav files that you could download with clues and such in it.  I distinctly remember one with gahzban ogres answering machine on it.  And another one with a court case involving shivan dragon and crimson hellkite where they were arguing about who was getting in the set.  It ended with shivan losing, getting mad and blowing fire all over people.  It was hilarious.  I would love to know if anyone has these "magic rarities" saved somewhere so I could get them again.

Just my opinion,

John

P.S.  If anyone has any of those sound files saved, let me know.  I want them badly.

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Re: ebay finds

Post by rick21n » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:50 pm

One of the things I had thought about myself but hadn't really brought up was a sub-forum in the Trading forum for eBay.  This accomplishes two things.  Putting all the eBay stuff in one place.  Then users don't have to see it if they don't want to.  This would allow for somewhat more lenient rules on eBay posts.  I do agree that Robo-Rally really didn't belong.  But I like the actual MTG links.

P.S. Looking at the prifces in Scrye #1 are fun.  Even looking at Scrye 17 is fun.  Easy to read, larger print, laughable prices.  It's great.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:43 am

Hey Victorfrost.  I never heard of these .WAV files myself but they sound interesting - at least for the entertainment value they would provide.  I am going to look for them - since you mention two red's - Shivan Dragon and Hellkite, I would like to see what that was about.
Another thing that could be interesting, the movie that was rumoured to happen and supposedly will not be happening now, is that if it does become a reality, would they have the same voices there.
Oct 30, away until further notice

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:03 pm

I got the poster for the movie from an inquest I think.  Still got it sealed in the bag :).
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

sylvanstu
Librarities Legend

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:05 pm

If anyone finds thoose sound bites please let me know. I'd love to have them too ::)
Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.