Fat Pack Question

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ouroboros

Fat Pack Question

Post by ouroboros » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:53 pm

I was wondering if somebody knew, what colors do the dice that came in the various Fat Packs come in?

ouroboros

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Re: Fat Pack Question

Post by flatmatt » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:34 pm

White, blue, black, red, and green.  One for each color.  Also, all the writing is in white except the white die has black writing.  I still have yet to get a green die.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:42 pm

White, blue, black, red, and green.  One for each color.  Also, all the writing is in white except the white die has black writing.  I still have yet to get a green die.
Hey Flatmatt,
I remember this topic being discussed a few months ago on the forums here, and somebody (was it Ralph??) asking to get people to report in what colors they got, so it could be recorded exactly what colors came out in each set.  Do you know if this was ever done?  Or was it done, and found to be that the 5 magic colors were randomly in each FatPack??  I do not recall this ever being answered, do you?
Oct 30, away until further notice

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:12 am

Well, doesn't it say on the side of the package that it comes in one of five random colors?  I thought it did, though I don't happen to have any fat pack packaging at the moment.

Anyway, I have gotten (and lost one of them) so far:
- Judgment blue
- Onslaught black
- Legions red
- Scourge black
- 2x Mirrodin red (same pack, packaging error)
- Darksteel white

Vilan

Post by Vilan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:05 am

I've gotten Apocalypse white, Odyssey blue, Torment white, Onslaught white, Legions black, Scourge black.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:55 am

Lets see, I have
Apocalypse - green
Odyssey - blue
Torment - white
Judgement - white
Onslaught - white
Deckmasters blue & white
and two other dice, white and green with a leaf on it - I cannot remember what set these leaf ones come from.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:16 am

To the best of my knowledge, the Spindown life counters started to appear in Fat Packs with Planeshift. For every set, there are five variants, one for each Magic color. One is inserted in each Fat Pack per random.
In addition, both the Beatdown and the Deckmasters set included further Spindown life counters which also exist in all five colors. In this case, two were inserted in each box set per random.
The Beatdown Spindown life counters were also released as a complete set of five, featuring one life counter from each color.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:13 am

To the best of my knowledge, the Spindown life counters started to appear in Fat Packs with Planeshift. For every set, there are five variants, one for each Magic color. One is inserted in each Fat Pack per random.
In addition, both the Beatdown and the Deckmasters set included further Spindown life counters which also exist in all five colors. In this case, two were inserted in each box set per random.
The Beatdown Spindown life counters were also released as a complete set of five, featuring one life counter from each color.
ahh, then the Beatdown counters must be the ones with the leaf on it, as I had gotten the Beatdown also.  Strange that there is a leaf on the die, when the cards all have a mace on them.

Vilan

Post by Vilan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:05 am

I think that "leaf" is supposed to be a Black Lotus.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:02 pm

silver.paladin: Your assumption is correct. By the way, Vilan is correct, the "leaf" is supposed to be a Black Lotus  :)