Houston; we have a situation

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:46 pm

Gits wrote:Happy for you Gary, the story gave me the chills (is this english?)
Sure is. Some older folks like me might say it gave us goosebumps. That would draw a questioning look from most younger folks.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:56 pm

sdematt wrote:Random question for you, Gary: did you fight in the Korean War/were stationed there at some point? Maybe this was answered a long time ago, or many times, but I'm just wondering if this is the reason you have a penchant for Korean culture in general.

God, I was doing the math and thinking you would have been old enough, but then I realized it's not the 1990's anymore. Ugh.

-Matt
LOL, no but I do remember in 1950, at age 10, looking at the papers each day to see where the lines were (inspired by the shock of the Chinese intervention and the UN long withdrawal to south of the 38th parallel).

I was stationed in Korea in 1976, met a young lady who's family ran a tailor shop where, by chance, I went to buy a tankers jacket. We were married in 1959 and thus I have extended family in Korea.

Korean culture is quite interesting and unique. It no longer exists as it was when I first met it, sadly.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 pm

My wife and I have read each post and are deeply touched by your words of kindness and concern. I hope to meet each of you at some time but that will be like getting a complete set of Magic promo cards-a never ending quest.

Thanks again and I sure hope something like this never happens to any of you.

Gary

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Gary- I'm relieved to hear that you and your wife are safe! It's nice that your home and cards are safe, but that's just icing.
God Bless!

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Great to hear you made it out and back unscathed with your family, house and collection. Jason

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 am

Been outta town for the past month... Boy what a frightful story Gary! So glad to hear you and your wife are OK! It's also great you two share such a wonderful sentiment. That is most important.

Ending only about a mile from your home too, ... that's waaay too close for comfort.