Ebay misprint

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Ebay misprint

Post by berkumps » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Can someone tell me how an item can have 1 watcher, with 0 page views?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:04 pm

That's easy. There are at least two ways I can think of. The first is when you add the counter after the auction is initially posted. The viewer decided to watch the auction before you started the count.

The second is a variation. Things like counters are stored on different servers, and a viewing takes place while the "counter" server is inaccessible. You can see this every once on a while when the counter shows up as a broken link instead of an actual count.

I'm sure there are other ways as well.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Mark, very simple.

The buyer did a search, and clicked on the "watch this auction" from the search page. the watcher likely decided to add your auction to their watch list (as a "save to look at later" option) and will probably look at it later when they decide to place a bid on it.

I do this frequently. but it isn't me watching that auction. I am interested in that Japanese Sandbar Crocodile though. :-P

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks for the responses! I was pretty confused (if not evident).

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:17 pm

If you were watching an item that did not sell and the seller relisted it, you will automatically be watching the new one without ever actually looking at it.
This happens to me a lot. An example, seller has a BIN that is ridiculously too high (this rarely happens on ebay :^o ) so I am watching it to see if they ever lower the price. Every 30 days the auction ends and I am watching the relisted item.