French Postal System

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

French Postal System

Post by berkumps » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 pm

I was hoping some members could help me determine how to track a package that was mailed from Canada, destined for France (postal code 67500). Tracking it on the Canada Post website only tells me once the item has left the country. I tried the tracking number on La Poste website, but it could not find it. Now, this could mean it has not arrived yet, but I was wondering if La Poste changes the tracking numbers on packages once they arrive? Does any members know? Or can help in tracking a package through France?

Thanks

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: French Postal System

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:18 pm

berkumps wrote:I was hoping some members could help me determine how to track a package that was mailed from Canada, destined for France (postal code 67500). Tracking it on the Canada Post website only tells me once the item has left the country. I tried the tracking number on La Poste website, but it could not find it. Now, this could mean it has not arrived yet, but I was wondering if La Poste changes the tracking numbers on packages once they arrive? Does any members know? Or can help in tracking a package through France?

Thanks
Hi Mark
Only you can track the package, except if the company that you use is affiliated whith Chronopost:
http://www.chronopost.fr/transport-expr ... ison-colis
La Poste doesn't change the tracking numbers.
Let me know, if you need more help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 pm

as far as I know , if a registered package leaves the country and enters a new one, it gets a new tracking thingy, knowbody tells you the number though.
your postal service has that but for internal use only.
i tshipped one thing to the usa and it never arrived.
it took 6 weeks for them to tell me that they have no idea where it was but they knew it was lost in the Usa somewhere. as the USpostal told them they could not find it anymore.

Werid and sad at the same time. weirld i got refunden more then I expected, expected 25 plus shipping but got 39. which i do not undertand.
registered shipping in germany is only insured for 25 euros plus shipping.

mkjaybe i got some form the USpostal service too.

oh and only you as a sender can compile the form for missing package.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:37 pm

pickle.69 wrote:as far as I know , if a registered package leaves the country and enters a new one, it gets a new tracking thingy, knowbody tells you the number though.
your postal service has that but for internal use only.
i tshipped one thing to the usa and it never arrived.
it took 6 weeks for them to tell me that they have no idea where it was but they knew it was lost in the Usa somewhere. as the USpostal told them they could not find it anymore.

Werid and sad at the same time. weirld i got refunden more then I expected, expected 25 plus shipping but got 39. which i do not undertand.
registered shipping in germany is only insured for 25 euros plus shipping.

mkjaybe i got some form the USpostal service too.

oh and only you as a sender can compile the form for missing package.
Hi Richard
With companies affiliated to French Company Chronopost, numbers are not changing, for example whenever I received some package by EMS from Japan, I can track it on the French website.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. Right now I cannot see the tracking number on La Poste or Chronopost, but it was shipped surface parcel (which is by boat), so it's likely that it is still en route, and has not landed yet. You know how slow that can be right Alexis?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:04 pm

berkumps wrote: You know how slow that can be right Alexis?
Oh yes Mark, can take more than a month to arrive #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm

One thing I note with registered mail is that, once it leaves a country, the updates may not be very fast all the time. It depends on the country/post office ofcourse.

Surface mail can take ages to reach though :)