Italy Earthquake

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Italy Earthquake

Post by l0qii » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:45 pm

I know we have a lot of members in Italy. I hope everyone there is OK.

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks for the concern.
I live about 500 Km from L'Aquila, the city where the earthquake was worst and I'm lucky that we did not even feel it.
But I know several people living there and most of them are now homeless and the situation is very very serious, since it seems a bigger one is coming.
Let's hope for the better.
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello, yes thanks for asking. I see that this tragic event has been given a great attention by foreign media.

I live in Rome which is relatively close to l'Aquila (about 55 miles), and I did wake up in the middle of the night and even got a little scared to be honest.

Unfortunately this is not the first earthquake I "feel", and it will most likely not be the last since Italy is a very seismic area.

Experiencing these events and hearing about some stories of the poor people directly involved shows you how small we are in this world, and it truly makes you think.

But it's good to see how actively many are contributing, both physically and financially, to those in need.