A message for Globals collectors

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Are you interested in a website like http://004.es/swamps/ to keep track of your global collection?

Yes
50%
No
17%
Maybe
25%
I use another website
8%

Total votes: 12

palaueb
Librarities Member

A message for Globals collectors

Post by palaueb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:38 pm

This is a poll about your possible interest in a website to track all your cards of a global collection like mine for swamps: http://004.es/swamps/

I'm thinking into make some code to expand the functions to multiple users and multiple globals options (dragons, angels, single cards, etc).

Currently I'm trying two globals (swamps and another) and I need a place to keep track, the swamps are well collected here, with an admin page to add possibly new cards and a way to check if a card is in the collection.

If it does not have interest I will just hard code my second global. :-\'

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Re: A message for Globals collectors

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:42 am

Is there a way to include rarer items like artist proofs, playtest cards, test prints, or misprint versions?
Some global collectors also try to find original artwork.

Tav

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:45 pm

A filter option would be great, too!

Clay

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:34 pm

cataclysm80 wrote:Is there a way to include rarer items like artist proofs, playtest cards, test prints, or misprint versions?
Some global collectors also try to find original artwork.

Tav
Seconded. I've got my list of 168 normal copies of Grim Lavamancers I'm getting but also including special stuff I'm aware of in my list including
3/50 Torment artist proof
0/50 m12 artist proof
0/30 judge foil artist proof
3/10 or so F&L back ink error
1/1 m12 crimp
6/6 torment crimp
0/1 m12 off-center
0/2 Torment non-foil BGS: Both 9.5 6565048 (owned by ABU games) & 6565049 both graded Friday, September 17, 2010. Both have Centering grade 10. Corn 9.0. Edges 9.5 but 1 surface is 10.0 while the other is 9.5
0/1 PSA non-foil: ID# 17314165 - PSA 10 GEM MINT
0/1 Torment foil: 21224197 - PSA 9 MINT
0/1 Judge foil: ID# 6637882 - BGS 9.5 GEM MINT (9.5 - 9 - 9.5 - 9.5) - Owned by ABU Games
0/1 torment original art
0/1 m12 original art
0/ of infinite alters out there
0/several playmats out there

- C
Last edited by LandDestroyer on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:53 am

I collect Global Boosters, but I think it is such a niche hobby it would be well down on anyone's to-do-list :)

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:02 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I collect Global Boosters, but I think it is such a niche hobby it would be well down on anyone's to-do-list :)
This sounds awesome. At one point I was going to try and get a global set of boosters from a set like theros or khans but it was going to be quite a chore. I'd love to hear more about your collection and see pictures!

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8299

This photo was taken before I really decided to start tracking them all down and adding them to my collection. I have around 2300 different boosters, which puts me about 400-500 off a complete set. (I think I owe CHaPuZaS a ton of money for some boosters that I hope he set aside for me)

Sadly I can no longer lay them all out in one picture but the holidays are coming up so I will have another attempt to scan them and file them away and I will see if I can lay them out before then.

It is getting a lot easier to find the boosters now, with eBay, Magic Card Market and Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder CHaPuZaS! Some Chinese Boosters are still pretty difficult to get hold of but the really difficult bit is earning the money to pay for them all.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:51 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8299

This photo was taken before I really decided to start tracking them all down and adding them to my collection. I have around 2300 different boosters, which puts me about 400-500 off a complete set. (I think I owe CHaPuZaS a ton of money for some boosters that I hope he set aside for me)

Sadly I can no longer lay them all out in one picture but the holidays are coming up so I will have another attempt to scan them and file them away and I will see if I can lay them out before then.

It is getting a lot easier to find the boosters now, with eBay, Magic Card Market and Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder CHaPuZaS! Some Chinese Boosters are still pretty difficult to get hold of but the really difficult bit is earning the money to pay for them all.
I think this is the closest a picture of magic cards has ever come to bringing a tear to my eye :-O

Will you leave these to me in your will? Pretty please? Tomorrow is my birthday btw ;)

I sold off my sealed booster box collection this summer and opened up all my foreign boosters once I realized I wouldn't be able to make much more progress with the amount of effort I was going to put forth.

I recorded many of those openings and uploaded them here if you'd like to see :) Heh, how about ya hit subscribe and send me some packs to open ;)

I'll try and post a pic of what I have left at some point or include them in a video.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LandDestroyer/videos

also, are you in this group?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/137661199737593/

or
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageMTGACC/

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Actually if you hang around the bins shortly after my death you will find that my wife will be dumping everything I owned, in her mind there is no difference between collectables and junk.

I will have a look at your openings (Unless it is a booster that I need for my collection, then I am not sure I have the strength of character) I often wonder what would happen if I opened up my collection, other than losing 95% of its value.

I will also check out the facebook pages, I know I joined a few groups a few years back but I am not very active in any of them.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Actually if you hang around the bins shortly after my death you will find that my wife will be dumping everything I owned, in her mind there is no difference between collectables and junk.
picturing that brings ME to tears. Thanks for ruining my Thanksgiving. j/k. Hopefully you and Mrs. G. B. Hunter have 50+ more years to spend together. That's plenty of time for her to learn that MTG stuff is valuable.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:26 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Actually if you hang around the bins shortly after my death you will find that my wife will be dumping everything I owned, in her mind there is no difference between collectables and junk.

I will have a look at your openings (Unless it is a booster that I need for my collection, then I am not sure I have the strength of character) I often wonder what would happen if I opened up my collection, other than losing 95% of its value.

I will also check out the facebook pages, I know I joined a few groups a few years back but I am not very active in any of them.
Then you should definitely just add me to your will. At least I'd have respect for it :)

Heh I just made this comment on a mass drop page:

"Personally I like the flexibility of 1 of each.
I tell you what I would LOVE.
1 10 pack lot that has 1 of each non-english language of 1 set.
1 Japanese
1 Korean
1 Simplified-Chinese
1 Traditional-Chinese
1 Russian
1 French
1 German
1 Italian
1 Spanish
1 Portuguese

I would buy 2 sets of those with each release. 1 set to open and 1 set to keep sealed. "

here
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/foreign-bo ... ler-2/talk

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Can they do that?

Everytime they have the American boosters up on Massdrop they refuse to sell them to overseas customers because of the restrictions. I would have thought they would have similar restrictions for the overseas versions, but maybe not, maybe they just don't want Australian retailers to lose out to the cheaper USA retailers.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:11 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Can they do that?

Everytime they have the American boosters up on Massdrop they refuse to sell them to overseas customers because of the restrictions. I would have thought they would have similar restrictions for the overseas versions, but maybe not, maybe they just don't want Australian retailers to lose out to the cheaper USA retailers.
I've only seen restrictions from shipping from the US out to other countries, but that isn't to say their aren't restrictions.

Now make sure in your will my name is spelled correctly. You'll probably need to put Christopher instead of just Chris :-P

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 am

It is going to be tricky in my will.

Somewhere on the albums with rare boosters I have to have something along the lines of
"Before you flog this or give it away to some children, call these people at Magiclibrarities to get an estimate of how much they are worth, but please don't call them to find out what I have spent on them before I die"

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:24 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:It is going to be tricky in my will.

Somewhere on the albums with rare boosters I have to have something along the lines of
"Before you flog this or give it away to some children, call these people at Magiclibrarities to get an estimate of how much they are worth, but please don't call them to find out what I have spent on them before I die"
ow. Never make a guy lol while he is sick and out of cough drops