A Personal note from Mystical_tutor

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 am

ende73 wrote:
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Sum Jong-Punk?

I thought the bag guy was Kim Jong-Um! World politics was never my strong point.
Well, the people there seemed very sad when his father died.
You probably never lived under a communistic regime..... i did till 1989

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:52 am

mmgun wrote:
ende73 wrote:
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Sum Jong-Punk?

I thought the bag guy was Kim Jong-Um! World politics was never my strong point.
Well, the people there seemed very sad when his father died.
You probably never lived under a communistic regime..... i did till 1989
Just to clarify... my post was intended to have just that faint touch of irony in it... :wink:

Italy is certainly full of problems, but it still most likely qualifies as a Western democracy nowadays and totalitarian regimes (especially after our own little experience in the 1920s and 1930s) are not vastly popular here.

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 am

They were sending people away to die in forced labor camps for "not crying enough" when that guy died.

I feel for the people of South Korea who have to deal with such a difficult neighbor.

And of course it goes without saying that I feel for all the starving North Koreans living in squalor because their government is a sham.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri May 03, 2013 2:33 am

I saw an article where Chinese customs has recorded the sale of $344.4 million in luxury goods to North Korea. Of course some of these are luxury goods only in NK... like refrigerators but then there are the plasma screen TVs, Smart phones (military use?), and sound equipment. This was 3x what they exported to NK in 2007 (in other words NK only bought 100,000,000 in that year)

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51247982/ns/w ... YMRmLWG16J

And he wants to nuke my house..... This is ironic in the sense that the NORAD complex is inside a bunker designed for Soviet nukes, much larger than his, and the most he could do would be to wipe out a bunch of people with no military impact at all.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm Home!!!!!

The trip took 34 hours from door to door. Three plane departure changes in SF--all later, of course.

But when I went to my mail service office this morning it was better than Christmas.

French BB cards from Alexis
Spanish Gates from Cesar
German Gates from Ulf
"a little something for your collection" from Raphael that is not little at all.

I have actual "mail brag" stuff now but it will take me a few days to get pictures up as alergies are hitting me hard at the moment (along with jet-lag).

Your notes and posts really provided a lot of support in this time of sadness. Thanks again so much.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:I'm Home!!!!!
French BB cards from Alexis
Gary
Welcome back...Glad the cards arrive safely :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm

My Friends;

I want to apologize to those of you that I have neglected lately.

I know I have due-outs to at least a half dozen people and I am not sure when I can catch up. There are several reasons for this and I won't bore you with them all but my home repairs plus bad news about the condition of the house I am trying to sell in Idaho, gun sale problems---sigh. It goes on and on. These stresses have resulted in some health issues that I MUST address.

This note is to let you know that I am working on it/them. If you haven't heard from me for awhile on something we were doing please feel free to drop me a post. That will help me feel more organized.

The scanning project has been a help because there is no pressure on it and I feel good whenever I help get some more holes filled.

Happy and safe new year to each of you and your loved ones.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Get Well Soon Gary!
(no rush intended, I just hope that you feel better soon)

Tav

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Hey Gary,

I hope all is well if you need anything please feel free to contact me I've been through that before so I know what you're going through.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:08 am

Hi Gary

Take care of yourself first, cause without health nothing can be done. I'm swamped myself into some situations , so I do understand. And since scanning is like a cure for you, I will add the new scans that you just send me to get a smile on your face, as soon as you'll see that a lil hole is filled héhé
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 am

I am beginning to hate this thread. Seems like all I can do here is say sorry for what I haven't done...

In about 15 min life support will be removed from CJ Jones.

He is a 30+ year close friend of my son and someone I have known almost that long.
Dedicated D&D DM/player.
IT manager for GenCon and previously Hidden City Games.
One of the nicest guys I ever met.

He was found by a Highway patrolman unconscious in his car beside the highway a few nights ago (lost track of time here) at 2 am. He suffered a brain hemorrhage and has never regained consciousness.

My son is trying hard to keep busy with the mechanical things that need to be done but I know he will be devastated when it is all over.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:01 pm

CJ has gone to rest. He was off life support for some time before passing.
I am going to Seattle for the services and to be beside Peter.
I will be back next week and you may not hear much from me till then.

Your words of encouragement, privet and public have been a great help, thank you.

Each of you; Do take care of yourself--Nobody else can or will and I want you to be around a long time.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:41 am

I know this is not Magic related but I just have to say something before my mind and heart burst.

I am really preoccupied right now-as you may have noticed by some of my responses to threads. This is the worst thing I have ever been near. The Malaysian Airliner was bad enough but this completely overshadows it.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/17 ... -on-board/

The ferry was remodeled after buying it from Japan and extra decks were added to make room for more passengers. Thus making it higher and easier to tip over.
The survival pods were locked to the deck.
The Captain and many crew members abandoned the passengers after telling everyone to stay put in their cabins.

This basically wipes out a complete generation of the area where the school was located.

Most Korean families limit them selves to one or two children now days and this age group is in the time of life where these families can not have more.

Every time the tragedy of it hits me I cry again. Everyone is so helpless to be able to do anything.

sorry but you all are kind of an extended family to me and I just had to let some of it out.

Gary
Gary Adkison

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 am

I kinda wonder if N Korea did anything...

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 pm

I think they are clean in this one. Unless internal blast evidence turns up. It looks more like a human error followed by callus disregard for the passengers and a save my butt attitude on the part of the crew. The pictures I have seen though, show the hull as quite clean. The Koreans are attempting to raise the whole ship with a set of seagoing cranes. The weather has not been good enough.
Gary Adkison