MPR Oversize card sleeves

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

MPR Oversize card sleeves

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

At a Tokyo game store I found these:

They fit MPR oversize promos perfectly, if not snugly.

Clay
Last edited by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

manaman22
Librarities Member

Post by manaman22 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:11 am

How do these compare in size to the oversized Ultra Pro sleeves? I've been contemplating getting some new sleeves for my planes and whatnot and I'm curious to know if they would work. Any idea if they would?

Thanks,

Matt

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 pm

I am definitely interested in them if they fit inside Ultra Pro oversized black back sleeves. My Booster collection might get use of them...

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 pm

manaman22 wrote:How do these compare in size to the oversized Ultra Pro sleeves? I've been contemplating getting some new sleeves for my planes and whatnot and I'm curious to know if they would work. Any idea if they would?

Thanks,

Matt
These sleeves are MUCH larger than the Ultra Pro oversize sleeves. For those of us that have the MPR oversize promos, we know that the MPR cards are larger than the Vanguard/Planechase/Archenemy oversize cards. I would recommend using these if you want an oversleeve for the Archenemy/Planechase card sleeves (and I'm not sure these would even work for that), or for sleeves for MPR oversize cards.

Clay

edit: changed "overseas" to "oversize". #-o
Last edited by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Ultra Pro makes a page that the MPR just bearly fit into. It is tight enough that you have to be careful putting the card in or you will bend it.

Nice for display and you can see some in my Player Reward section:

http://mystical-tutor.com/wp/wp-content ... ?book_id=6

Just page to the back of the Player section.

These, though would be real nice if you wanted to use Emrakul or Glissa as a commander for your EDH deck and keep it nice.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

manaman22
Librarities Member

Post by manaman22 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:These sleeves are MUCH larger than the Ultra Pro oversize sleeves. For those of us that have the MPR overseas promos, we know that the MPR cards are larger than the Vanguard/Planechase/Archenemy oversize cards. I would recommend using these if you want an oversleeve for the Archenemy/Planechase card sleeves (and I'm not sure these would even work for that), or for sleeves for MPR oversize cards.

Clay
Thanks for looking into this, Clay. It's a shame that they probably won't work for double sleeving. Still, it was a good find and I'll have to keep this in mind when I get around to sleeving my MPR oversized cards.

CHaPuZaS

Post by CHaPuZaS » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:19 pm

I'd like to get a pair of packs of these jsut to test them. Where can I find them?

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 am

CHaPuZaS wrote:I'd like to get a pair of packs of these jsut to test them. Where can I find them?
I found them at a Yellow Submarine hobby shop, and have noticed them in the several others I have been inside of.

I can pick them up for you this weekend. Can you pick up the BB and foil Truefire Paladin and maybe another card or two in the next few weeks so that we can make a trade? :)

Clay

CHaPuZaS

Post by CHaPuZaS » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:
CHaPuZaS wrote:I'd like to get a pair of packs of these jsut to test them. Where can I find them?
I found them at a Yellow Submarine hobby shop, and have noticed them in the several others I have been inside of.

I can pick them up for you this weekend. Can you pick up the BB and foil Truefire Paladin and maybe another card or two in the next few weeks so that we can make a trade? :)

Clay
Sure, pick them and tell me whatever you want for them for a trade. Thanks!

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 am

CHaPuZaS wrote:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:

Clay
Sure, pick them and tell me whatever you want for them for a trade. Thanks!
Awesome! I was sleepy when making the above post, but I'm sure you understood I want the Spanish-language versions of that card.

I'll let you know by the end of next weekend.

Clay

Default User
Librarities Hero

Post by Default User » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 am

I found that post card sleeves work relatively well. I bought one pack some years back and they fit nicely over Ultra Pro's oversized sleeves. Hopefully this shows them a little. All the cards are double sleeved.The Bruna's show them off the best.

http://s804.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... d.jpg.html

I'll try to check the manufacturer, when I have time, they are like penny sleeves, but oversized and offer nice additional protection to the Ultra Pro sleeves. These are a bit too long, but I had my planes sleeved with just these and the sleeves are still in good condition.
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.