Leziest seller on ebay

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

yvel
Librarities Legend

Leziest seller on ebay

Post by yvel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi guys,
I wanted to share with you a little story.

I finishing my Korean set, still miss few cards.... I' m looking for a Korean Ball Lighning. If I look into completed auction, the price is around 15-20$ for a NM one.
I saw an auction last week on ebay, I contacted the seller and ask him if he agree to ship to Europe.
I told me that would like to ship in US only. I insisted and ask for an exception, it's not really more expensive, and I pay the shipping cost ... so I don't see the problem.
He declined. He doesn't to ship to Europe US only ...

I don't know why ... #-o
As far as you sell some cards in auction why limited buyer to US only when all countries are looking your auction.

To conclued, the auction end à 1,3$ ... yes 1,3$
I was ready to bid 10$ for it, what is going to do with 1.3$ (less ebay fees, less paypal fees) it's even less than a Bigmac. Even with my bid he could take a full meal :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korean-Ball-of- ... true&rt=nc

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Why dont you ask a librarities member from US to do the deal for you ? I think thats the reason we have this community for to help each other ?
For me this worked out very well already.
Complaining afterwards just shows a little of your own lazyness ^^

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 pm

mmgun wrote:Why dont you ask a librarities member from US to do the deal for you ? I think thats the reason we have this community for to help each other ?
I would be happy to help in the future if you need something only shippable to the US. Jason

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Well,
I saw this auction latly, i sent the link to a member, but He was out and could bid on time ... :-\

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Re: Leziest seller on ebay

Post by l0qii » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

yvel wrote:He doesn't to ship to Europe US only ...

I don't know why ... #-o
There is no tracking or insurance offered by the US Postal Service on international mail other than Registered Mail ($15), which buyers rarely agree to pay for.

Instead they would rather risk something bad happening in the mail. If a card is damaged or lost, the buyer can open a claim with PayPal. Without a tracking number, PayPal sides with the buyer and the seller loses both the card and the money, but still has to pay eBay fees!

If the seller demands $15 shipping they get a bad feedback rating for high shipping costs.

This is why sellers ship to US only.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:20 pm

I understand,
But as a seller I would prefer sell at 10$ with a uninsurred shipping method, than 1$ with a tracking number.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Leziest seller on ebay

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:44 am

yvel wrote: I don't know why ... #-o
As far as you sell some cards in auction why limited buyer to US only when all countries are looking your auction.
I am sorry I saw your request to late to bid. Even then I think the card was not in great condition from what I could see.

I will tell you why I don't offer to sell cards outside the US.

It is too much hassle.

In addition to the problems mentioned by I0qii here is what is involved for me to make a sale:

1. Argue with the buyer as to why I shouldn't put "Murchendse" and the full value of the item on the customs form.
2. Drive to the local post office building and print out the customs forms or drive to the main post office building and stand in line while they fill out the customs forms.
3. Make sure the weight is correct (their scales are always different than mine).
4. Package it in a way I am comfortable will survive the semi-trained primates that work at the post office.
5. Bring the paperwork home and file it in case of loss.

For a 5-10 dollar card---It just isn't worth it.

NOW! For my family member collectors here on the board, none of that is a bother at all and I am happy to help out.

On ebay, I'll just sell in the US though.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.