MTG Kickstarter Project

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

MTG Kickstarter Project

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/271 ... y_launched

That has to be worth $5!

Anyone know the guy?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:56 pm

I think the one backer is his mother.....
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:43 am

are you serious ?

Pledge $100 or more
0 Backers Limited (10 of 10 left)

WarPig will eat any standard magic card of your choice, film himself doing it, and personally thank you for allowing him to do this on camera. You also get to dictate what art WarPig makes for his next video, a signed physical copy of the dvd disc sent to your door step, and you are mentioned in the credits as a silver sponsor.
Est. delivery: Apr 2013

Doymecca

Re: MTG Kickstarter Project

Post by Doymecca » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/271 ... y_launched

That has to be worth $5!

Anyone know the guy?
His face looks very familiar, though I do not know him personally.

I think that I will be donating to this project. Hopefully this is done well and is entertaining.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Ok then, not to everyone's liking how about this one...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170 ... y_launched

Custom playmats!

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Playmats do seem to quite "in" nowdays. UltraPro and others are producing quite a selection. There were custom mats at GenCon plus a few dollars could get one of the artists to do one for you. Mark Tedin did a very nice, totaly custom, one for me for less than $50.

In this case, a dice bag and pile of cards and two off the shelf mats sure don't warm me up. What an opportunity missed to strut his/her stuff.

Think I'll just keep my money.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 am

Play mats are no good to me anyway!

Magic is cropping up a few times on Kickstarter though.

A while back we were looking for donations to help run the site, Kickstarter does seem to accomplish that sort of thing.

You just need an idea, from what I can gather, cubes and EDH were all fan created varients on the game. All you need to do is invent a new way of playing magic, that requires some third party equipment, and get a kickstarter up and running to supply the equipment.

Without treading on any copyright!

manaman22
Librarities Member

Post by manaman22 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 am

In other Kickstarter news, according to Pete Venters, there is a 20th Anniversary artbook in the works. Some/all of the original artists of Magic are coming together for a book and all them are providing new art for it. Last I checked the Salvation thread for it, the Kickstarter hasn't actually launched yet, but it's supposed to go up October-ish. Definitely something I'm going to be looking out for.

Doymecca

Post by Doymecca » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 pm

manaman22 wrote:In other Kickstarter news, according to Pete Venters, there is a 20th Anniversary artbook in the works. Some/all of the original artists of Magic are coming together for a book and all them are providing new art for it. Last I checked the Salvation thread for it, the Kickstarter hasn't actually launched yet, but it's supposed to go up October-ish. Definitely something I'm going to be looking out for.
If you hear anything more about this, please let us know, I am sure more than just myself would be interested in this.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm

manaman22 wrote:In other Kickstarter news, according to Pete Venters, there is a 20th Anniversary artbook in the works. Some/all of the original artists of Magic are coming together for a book and all them are providing new art for it. Last I checked the Salvation thread for it, the Kickstarter hasn't actually launched yet, but it's supposed to go up October-ish. Definitely something I'm going to be looking out for.
I have also talked to a few of the artists on board with this project. In the beginning they were not sure how to get the funding, and I pitched the Kickstarter funding method to a certain artist in Philadelphia and they ran with it. This has been festering for some time and it is coming in the upcoming months. All I can say is look out for this, it is going to be huge. Jason

manaman22
Librarities Member

Post by manaman22 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:32 pm

From what I've read, the artists seem pretty keen to the project. I haven't seen any updates in a good 2 weeks, but once something pops, I'll say something. Provided someone else doesn't. Looks like it's a waiting game in the mean time.