6x9 cards

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

flametongue
Librarities Hero

6x9 cards

Post by flametongue » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:58 am

Finally finished my 6x9 collections :) and i was wondering does anyone have any suggestions around how to store/display them, my preference would be in some sort of folder system, just wondoered if anyone else have come up with a good way to do this?

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:38 am

find some sort of over sized sleeves and play with them?

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:37 am

For storage (and even playing), comic book bags are a pretty decent and cheap solution.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Congratulations! Not too many people finish that particular set. I'm going for a player's set, and have been stuck at needing only a few dozen, including many from the '99 Radient Season cards, for a few years.

Comic book bags are good if you want to box them. I use the comic book cardboard inserts as a backing and store them right in comic book boxes. For me it is more practical because I have so many.

If you want an easier way to display the set, then 3-hole plastic pages, like the ones that used to be used for overhead slides, would probably work well. You could house them back-to-back with a piece of stiff paper (probably anything at 50# or heavier) You could even get some of the old fashioned corner supports (like those used for postcards or photos) to center the cards.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:41 pm

within a 3-ring binder inside 8x10 Ultra Pro pages. haven't figured out why Ultra Pro never made pages for the 6x9 size cards.

the corner supports sounds like a nice touch, I'll have to find some of those when I get back to the States.

pcjr

Post by pcjr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 am

I use comic book bags with backing and store them in comic book boxes. I'd be nervous storing them in a binder. You don't want them messing with the binder rings.

Congratulations on your set. I've been working on my player's set ever since those Arena seasons. I just need 10 more from '99 Radiant.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: 6x9 cards

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

flametongue wrote:Finally finished my 6x9 collections :) and i was wondering does anyone have any suggestions around how to store/display them, my preference would be in some sort of folder system, just wondoered if anyone else have come up with a good way to do this?
Congratulations on the completion. When I was thinking about displaying mine I was going to use a varient of my big display:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... ht=display

The company I was dealing with at the time and who made this set up, had table top size displays and would custom make what you want to order. I could not find them when I finally got around to the project but assume there is someone out there that makes them as they are still used for wall poster display in hobby stores and such. Was also thinking it would work for my release and event posters.... someday......

Gary