Sealing 9-pocket pages

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
shaselai1 wrote:... right now for my collection i am using the 9 page portfolios and my trade binder is just a school 3 ring binder with some pages in it...
If you should continue to use 3-ring binders I recommend the Ultra-Pro or equivalent "D" ring binders as they help a little bit to avoid ring grove disasters. With them I have used the booklets included in the Fat Packs. They also protect somewhat against ring groves. Though you have to turn them upside down to put them on the bottm two rings where damage is most likely to happen.

Gary
nice tip. But my trade stuff is nothing amazing - just mostly type 2 stuff as i sold most of my old stuff so it's not like i got dual lands or moxes to protect :-D

A side question, with the WOW binder , is it safe to put my Summer Serra in it?Right now she is in a top loader airtight....

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:42 pm

shaselai1 wrote:http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/ccgsin.php?UniqueNo=1271

that's the place i found in stock.... my order is still being "human reviewed" ... only thing i can see that can stop this is they decide not to ship to US or charge like insane shipping...
The price is quite correct, but the $ recent downfall makes it a bit more expensive for you.

Shipping costs shouldn't be cheap though. Let me know if the order goes through.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 pm

nice tip. But my trade stuff is nothing amazing - just mostly type 2 stuff as i sold most of my old stuff so it's not like i got dual lands or moxes to protect :-D

A side question, with the WOW binder , is it safe to put my Summer Serra in it?Right now she is in a top loader airtight....
What do you mean by safe ? Dustwise ? Lightwise (UVs)... ?

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:23 pm

magic-belgium wrote:

What do you mean by safe ? Dustwise ? Lightwise (UVs)... ?
i guess dust and light or anything that would decrease value...

Also for the order, the guy said shipping is gonna cost me 30 pounds which is more than the total sale:

"The problem is that they weigh over 2 Kg, which is too heavy for the
cheaper postal rate; split into two parcels it would cost just as much
by airmail, and surface mail take so long these days it is just not
viable. It would also need to be insured, and two lots of insurance
brings the cost back up to 30 Pounds again - there is no way round it,
I'm afraid."

can you send cheaper without insurance or they are just that much? thanks

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:42 pm

The problem now is the $ being so weak (and apparently it is not going to change in the next weeks).

Didn't you find any in the US on Ebay ?

Shipping from France would be cheaper (since it is in Euro) and insurance is cheaper too.

France and Germany are the best countries to ship overbroad.

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 pm

magic-belgium wrote:The problem now is the $ being so weak (and apparently it is not going to change in the next weeks).

Didn't you find any in the US on Ebay ?

Shipping from France would be cheaper (since it is in Euro) and insurance is cheaper too.

France and Germany are the best countries to ship overbroad.
aren't you from france? if yes how much would it cost you to ship 3 of them to me if you could? ebay doesnt have it at all - even the international sites..

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:57 pm

OK. I called my wholesaler.

Can get them for 4 Euros each and 3 Euros each if I buy the 200 of them they have in stock.

I live in Belgium but go to France very often, so can ship from there if needed.

I think shipping 3 binders with insurance would be around 53 Euros plus the binders (12 Euros).

I'm nearly out of stock of them myself, so will buy some. Let me know if you need more than 3 (they can fit more than 600 cards, tried yesterday because I needed to put 2 WoW expansions of 319 each, and they fit no problem).

And I think that you can ship 4 or 5 for the same shipping fees.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 pm

do you know how many ultra pro sheets you can put in it if not double filled ?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:11 pm

I think you may be able to place around 400 cards then.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 pm

magic-belgium wrote:I think you may be able to place around 400 cards then.
thanks !

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:02 pm

magic-belgium wrote:OK. I called my wholesaler.

Can get them for 4 Euros each and 3 Euros each if I buy the 200 of them they have in stock.

I live in Belgium but go to France very often, so can ship from there if needed.

I think shipping 3 binders with insurance would be around 53 Euros plus the binders (12 Euros).

I'm nearly out of stock of them myself, so will buy some. Let me know if you need more than 3 (they can fit more than 600 cards, tried yesterday because I needed to put 2 WoW expansions of 319 each, and they fit no problem).

And I think that you can ship 4 or 5 for the same shipping fees.

how much if i buy 4 with no insurance? i think 4 can fit in pretty tight...

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Insurance is about 5 Euros.

So it should be 48 if prices have not changed in the last month, as I did not ship anything in a long time. Considering you would paid only 4 Euros for a binder, the whole thing would not be very expensive.

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:15 pm

magic-belgium wrote:Insurance is about 5 Euros.

So it should be 48 if prices have not changed in the last month, as I did not ship anything in a long time. Considering you would paid only 4 Euros for a binder, the whole thing would not be very expensive.
ok that is fine then. because in the states international insurance is very expensive like ~15$ and up :(.

I guess I pm you my info then and pay you when you get the stuff?

It is probably not a good idea buying sheets from you since it will add a lot of weight? not sure how you price those... i probably need 60 sheets if it is good deal and wont jack up the shipping too much...

and will putting the summer serra in the sheets and in the binder protect it from everything or it is better to be still in toploader and sealed?

Seraph2k

Post by Seraph2k » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Update: I found the binders here in germany. Price is between 7,5€ and 12€. So it seems to be more expensive here:( But hey I don`t need so much of them, only for my german 3rd lim set and my Dragon Whelp globalcollection with its edgar whelp.

Do you put the card in addition in a perfect size sleeve, or do you just put it in the ultra pro page?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:28 pm

MB...

Is there something on the spine--like more WOW stuff and is the WoW face smooth or impressed? (wondering how much work it would be to recover the item with MTG expansion Info--have a problem with Ultra Pro bincers that all look alike).

Gary