Mail Brag!

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:25 pm

jamesbond wrote:Really nice Gary =D>

For my part, some news from GP Lille
Always nice to see good condition summer. You going for a set? If so, how close (or far) are you?

jamesbond
Legendary Secret British Agent

Post by jamesbond » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Yes, i've just decided to try to complete the set finally.

For the moment, i'm only looking for cheap uncommons and cheap rares.

Considering i already have completed the common set (i need less than 100 cards to complete the playset of commons).

I have now about 20 uncommons and 8 rares (but this include 2 birds of paradise).

I'm also missing some basic lands :s

That's where i am today, but unfortunatly, with my current earnings, i'll finish the set in about 25 years :s (if prices are not rising up >:-( )

So, i think we can consider this as "the collection of my life" :-D

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 am

Very nice Summer cards Raphael

I am a around the same point in my Edgar set pursuit as you seem to be (probably a bit further due to my near complete duals set and more uncommons). But alas Summer prices now are making it too hard for me to keep going so in the near future I may start selling off my stuff (even though it will break my heart :-( )

I will keep you in mind as I begin to sell off what I have.

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:14 am

Hayden wrote:Very nice Summer cards Raphael

I am a around the same point in my Edgar set pursuit as you seem to be (probably a bit further due to my near complete duals set and more uncommons). But alas Summer prices now are making it too hard for me to keep going so in the near future I may start selling off my stuff (even though it will break my heart :-( )

I will keep you in mind as I begin to sell off what I have.
I feel your pain. I was in the same boat as you about 2 years ago. I had to come to the realization that I couldn't afford to continue on trying to build my set and I've sold off all but 7 Summer cards at this point. I think I had 12 rares half of which were duals Serindib and a few so so rares. Around 20 Uncommons all the high end ones. Not many Commons and 36 Basics which I wish I had now. :-(

I wish you guys the best of luck with your Summer sets with the prices going through the roof it will be by no means, cheap to get a set together at this point.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

markers
Legendary Signed Card collector

Post by markers » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 pm

I got these today...VERY nice! Improving my signed Beta set :-D

Signed card collector

Alpha - AL, ST, EX, UD, REV, UNL, LO & MO: 100% signed
Grand Total signed cards: >43'000

I have a Youtube Channel

Gits
Librarities Hero

Post by Gits » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

jamesbond wrote:Dark Ascension is coming...

I count like 130 Sorin. If they came out of boosters, that would be like 130*80=10400 boosters, which means nearly 290 boxes...

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Gits wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Dark Ascension is coming...
I count like 130 Sorin. If they came out of boosters, that would be like 130*80=10400 boosters, which means nearly 290 boxes...
GET A LIFE !

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Ok, I know this is nothing compared to the amazing stuff most of you all post in this thread, but I just finished my long sought-after goal of obtaining a sealed starter of Alpha, Beta, and Unlimited. Complete with a custom made box for keeping them.

Thanks very much to the member of this forum who made this possible by allowing me to get the last needed starter!

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 am

Keevy Bogsbury wrote:Ok, I know this is nothing compared to the amazing stuff most of you all post in this thread, but I just finished my long sought-after goal of obtaining a sealed starter of Alpha, Beta, and Unlimited. Complete with a custom made box for keeping them.
Very cool!

Give me a shout if you ever decide to venture into collecting foreign starters.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 am

Keevy Bogsbury wrote:Ok, I know this is nothing compared to the amazing stuff most of you all post in this thread, but I just finished my long sought-after goal of obtaining a sealed starter of Alpha, Beta, and Unlimited. Complete with a custom made box for keeping them.

Thanks very much to the member of this forum who made this possible by allowing me to get the last needed starter!

Hey Keevy, your achievement is awesome on it`s own. Congratz!! =D>

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:24 am

Very nice! Do you have all the other starters/tournament packs?

I look forward to getting the Alpha and Beta myself to finish off my own but that custom wooden box gives me a nice idea!

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks everyone.
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote: Very nice! Do you have all the other starters/tournament packs?

I look forward to getting the Alpha and Beta myself to finish off my own but that custom wooden box gives me a nice idea!
I have many, but very far from all (I'm missing a lot of foreign language ones). My main goal has really been to just get the ABU ones and maybe pick up some others here and there. I'll have to decide on whether or not to start a full blown starter collection down the road.

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Some sealed packs hard to find :-P

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 pm

sib51 wrote:Some sealed packs hard to find :-P

Very Nice sealed packs!

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 am

sib51 wrote:Some sealed packs hard to find :-P

Hi,
I had 3 of each until last month. As soon as I saw the price of a single foil Champs card, I opened each packs and sold them individually.
->$$$$$$