Checklist

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:20 am

what the set that has tempest and ice age and other old sets that is black border but it's in white border?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Anthologies and Battle Royale both have these. They are dated 1993-1998 and 1993-1999 respectively.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am

AzureWinter wrote:I also want to know if anyone have a checklist for Promos, Vanguard.
Do you have a problem copying the checklists from http://magiccards.info/sitemap.html ? I do but I'm sure some have figured out a good way to do it.

I am working on a "Promo's Checklist" The problem is that there are so many "catagories" of promos and the present sources (this board, Magiccards.info, WotC, and the online dealers) are not the same. I have a checklist that I will send you that mostly follows the organization of magiccards.info. It will be one list with different set designations for the different catagories (ie. DCI-Are is Arena, DCI-PR is player reward, etc.). It is not polished and has only been checked twice but seems to be working well.

I may have finished Vanguard too, I'll check.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:50 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
AzureWinter wrote:I also want to know if anyone have a checklist for Promos, Vanguard.
Do you have a problem copying the checklists from http://magiccards.info/sitemap.html ? I do but I'm sure some have figured out a good way to do it.

I am working on a "Promo's Checklist" The problem is that there are so many "catagories" of promos and the present sources (this board, Magiccards.info, WotC, and the online dealers) are not the same. I have a checklist that I will send you that mostly follows the organization of magiccards.info. It will be one list with different set designations for the different catagories (ie. DCI-Are is Arena, DCI-PR is player reward, etc.). It is not polished and has only been checked twice but seems to be working well.

I just did a straight up copy and paste onto excel. Popped on a filter and it looks pretty decent.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:11 am

mwagee wrote: I just did a straight up copy and paste onto excel. Popped on a filter and it looks pretty decent.
I didn't try that with Access. An idea though. I don't use Excel much but if I got it into Excel then I could import it to Access.

Thanks, I'll work on that.
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:30 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
mwagee wrote: I just did a straight up copy and paste onto excel. Popped on a filter and it looks pretty decent.
I didn't try that with Access. An idea though. I don't use Excel much but if I got it into Excel then I could import it to Access.

Thanks, I'll work on that.
just the opposite here.
i cant work access at all.
luckily i dont handle data sets with greater than 60k+ lines usually :)

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:40 am

mystical_tutor wrote:

For some reason, i get different result every time i use it. Sometimes it breaks it down nicely, sometimes everything just goes into 1 column. The ones I need i get the "everything in 1 column" result

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:33 am

AzureWinter wrote:For some reason, i get different result every time i use it. Sometimes it breaks it down nicely, sometimes everything just goes into 1 column. The ones I need i get the "everything in 1 column" result
Well, the file I sent may help. There are 624 records. That is not all the promo cards. I know my list of 9th Edition Box Top Cards is not complete. I do not have all the Japanese catagories--player reward and one other. The list is only as up to date as the web sites as far as 2009 cards--which means there aren't many.

I have included the "special use" field that gives the dates, card numbers, and occasion for the card. I put all Arena cards in the same "set" (DCI-Arena), both large and regular size. If that creates a problem let me know and I'll send a file which specifies which ones are 6x9. Set names are somewhat brief, DCI-PR is player reward, DCI-PreR is pre-release. If you have any trouble with others just PM me.

Enjoy.

OBTW. If you have extra Japanese Promo cards that you are willing to trade or sell, please let me know.
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:42 am

mwagee wrote:just the opposite here.
i cant work access at all.
luckily i dont handle data sets with greater than 60k+ lines usually :)
60K records is getting to be a respectable DB and probably needs to be relational. Years ago I got into dBase III and was able to program in it. I used it in the Army before they standardized to MS Office. Some of our supply DBs were kinda large. I can't program Access (to lazy to learn VB) but I seem to be warped toward DB instead of spreadsheets. Sometimes when I want to do a mass update of one field I export to Excel, update, and import back to Access.
Gary Adkison

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:04 pm

If you want a really nice relational DB on the cheap, try MySQL. I've been using it for years now. Combined with a front-end like phpmyadmin it really rocks. You'll never go back to that kiddy MS Access stuff again ;)