MTG singles in SF

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Leocrazy
Librarities Hero

MTG singles in SF

Post by Leocrazy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:29 am

Hi all
At the mid of february i planned to visit San francisco, and i consider this as a way i can finish some of my collections. But i find only 1 place where i can buy cards in SF. (http://www.candccentral.com/) and i am not sure, can i find all i need in this store.

May be someone know alternative places with big amount of MTG singles in this town?
Better be lucky then good

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:20 pm

I dont have any idea but have you checked wizard's website and see what stores run FNM?

hiryu
Librarities Legend

Re: MTG singles in SF

Post by hiryu » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 am

Leocrazy wrote:Hi all
At the mid of february i planned to visit San francisco, and i consider this as a way i can finish some of my collections. But i find only 1 place where i can buy cards in SF. (http://www.candccentral.com/) and i am not sure, can i find all i need in this store.
Wow, I nearly sprayed my drink over my keyboard reading this. C&C is a nice little store a few blocks from my house, but their selection of cards is pretty limited. I really can't imagine someone flying half-way around the world to shop there.

Eudemonia (www.eudemonia.net) in Berkeley is pretty good and has a lot of old stuff... some can be pricey, though. There's also Superstars (www.superstarsnet.com) in Santa Clara... I've never been to their retail store, but they buy and sell at local events. Really, my main source of singles is a little local place called eBay. A friend of mine knows every card store in the area, so if you want a real list, send me a PM...

Leocrazy
Librarities Hero

Re: MTG singles in SF

Post by Leocrazy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:59 am

hiryu wrote:
Leocrazy wrote:Hi all
I really can't imagine someone flying half-way around the world to shop there.

Eudemonia (www.eudemonia.net) in Berkeley is pretty good and has a lot of old stuff... some can be pricey, though. There's also Superstars (www.superstarsnet.com) in Santa Clara... I've never been to their retail store, but they buy and sell at local events. Really, my main source of singles is a little local place called eBay. A friend of mine knows every card store in the area, so if you want a real list, send me a PM...
Nobody can imagine this :) By the way, the only reason i try to spend 23 hours in airplane (OMG) is Game Developers Conference. If i try to make this trip only for shopping, my boss will call 911 immedeately :)

Anyway, thanks for your help - i try to contact all this sellers as soon as i prepare a list of cards i need (this is mostly foils i need to complete a sets, and i was too lazy to find them during GenCon)
Better be lucky then good

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 am

anyone else read the title and take it differently?

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:16 am

dry cereal wrote:anyone else read the title and take it differently?
*raises hand* :-D

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:03 am

dry cereal wrote:anyone else read the title and take it differently?
*also raises hand*

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:33 pm

That'd be me bob...
He's just this guy, ya know?

Worth
Librarities Legend

hah!

Post by Worth » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 am

I'll be there for work as well. :) Stop by and say hi if you see me!

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:24 am

Yeah I thought you were looking for magic Single females.