Do you collect non-card stuff?

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Do you collect non-card stuff?

Post by squt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many of us here collect non-card stuff? There's soooo many promos and tokens and whatnot to collect that I usually stuck with card-only items.

But there are tons of other things - statuettes, playmats, life counters, deck boxes...what's the norm? Do you limit what you collect to "Just cards and cloisomme pins"? or do you try to get your hands on anything and everything with the magic logo on it?

I was just thinking about the Salvat statues in particular. I had a very nice rarities member who sent me all of the decks, but I told him not to worry about the statues and other stuff in the packs because they would be expensive to ship, and all I really wanted was the cards. Am I the exception?

Is there anyone here who gets MORE excited about something like a statue than a new textless foil promo card?

Squt

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:19 pm

Hi Mark.
Should I really mention that I belong to this category :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:55 pm

Right...everything magic. But do you prefer to get your hands on cards, or weird non-card things like statues and pins?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:51 pm

squt wrote:Right...everything magic. But do you prefer to get your hands on cards, or weird non-card things like statues and pins?
I prefer to get hands on Cards,Tokens,Life counters,Artist Proofs,Rarities,Misprints,Sealed Products,etc... And for others MTG things,just to get at least one piece,main problem is that when I get one thing,I'm always tempted to get others to add to the first one #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:15 pm

I collect some non-card stuff. I have a slowly growing collection of the old magic miniatures, and a pretty extensive collection of posters and other paper ad material. There are some other non-cards things I collect as well but only when the price is right.

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:44 pm

i prefer non card collecting. ever since i had a huge amount of cards stolen i stopped building sets to concentrate on calendars, t-shirts, original art, statues, action figures, and uncut sheets. i still collect oversized cards and artist proofs as well.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:36 am

dragsamou wrote:
squt wrote:Right...everything magic. But do you prefer to get your hands on cards, or weird non-card things like statues and pins?
I prefer to get hands on Cards,Tokens,Life counters,Artist Proofs,Rarities,Misprints,Sealed Products,etc... And for others MTG things,just to get at least one piece,main problem is that when I get one thing,I'm always tempted to get others to add to the first one #-o
Hi Alexis,
when the Magic-Museum will open it's doors in Paris? :-P
Chris

PS: this idea is patented :wink:

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:25 pm

I collect Dragons.

Specifically the D&D Minis Epics as well as the Fin Fing Foom from Heroclix and others...
He's just this guy, ya know?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:40 pm

I collect everything Magic too.

Since I started only 14 months ago, it is hard to get my hands on the oldest things.

I love getting newly released complete sets in 9 pocket pages or open a booster box to build a set.

World of Warcraft is better when it comes to "non card" collecting. Their goodies are numerous but beautiful.

Would love to get more statues if they were ever released.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:06 pm

mahdishain wrote:i prefer non card collecting. ever since i had a huge amount of cards stolen i stopped building sets to concentrate on calendars, t-shirts, original art, statues, action figures, and uncut sheets. i still collect oversized cards and artist proofs as well.
which action figures do you have? I'm missing the kamahl and have an extra sengir out of packaging.

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:31 am

dry cereal wrote:
mahdishain wrote:i prefer non card collecting. ever since i had a huge amount of cards stolen i stopped building sets to concentrate on calendars, t-shirts, original art, statues, action figures, and uncut sheets. i still collect oversized cards and artist proofs as well.
which action figures do you have? I'm missing the kamahl and have an extra sengir out of packaging.
lord of atlantis and shadowmage infiltrator prototypes.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:49 am

Hi all,

Can you post pictures of your action figures ? Because I'm not sure about what you are talking about.

Thank you !

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

wow statues

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:04 am

magic-belgium wrote:Would love to get more statues if they were ever released.
Do you mean WoW statues?
They exist, my brother has got the Minotaur.
Chris

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:35 am

No, I was talking about MTG action figures. As for WoW, it is easier to locate them and buy them on Baybay.

hortar
Librarities Hero

Post by hortar » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi collect every single Magic card. (excluding Misprints and Miscuts) but if I get my hands on some other Magic stuff I grab it. I have a considerable group of items.
My Projects:
All Portuguese Stuff
20 Beta Rares, Korean Cards,
Limited Editions (Russian, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese)
Japanese Chronicles
Promos