Type 1 player and Purple Cards

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Type 1 player and Purple Cards

Post by AzureWinter » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:17 pm

So I was wondering how many type 1 players out there accept foil purple cards? For instance, do you care if your foil akroma had legions symbol or the purple TS symbol? The judge promo gemstone mine or TS old border foil Gemstone Mine? I would understand cards that wasn't foil would be collected (psy blast, tormod's crypt, etc). Gimme your thoughts.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:34 pm

Personally I always stick to the first printing of any version i.e. FOIL Legions Akroma is MUCH better than FOIL Purple Akroma.

Of course FOIL Tormod's Crypt is desirable to substitute The Dark Tormod's Crypt because the latter doesn't exist in FOIL, as you mentioned.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:07 pm

I either play all or no foils. So for T1 its no foils.
But no i dont care if my nonfoil akroma is Legions or Timeshifted.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:10 pm

i've been really close to 100% (of cards possible) foiled in my T1 fish deck for a long time... now I can add icatian javeleneers, flying men, and crypt.. that makes me happy.. so very happy.

I'm pretty sure that now, except for forces, duals and power, its all foiled.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:31 pm

Dilligaf wrote:i've been really close to 100% (of cards possible) foiled in my T1 fish deck for a long time... now I can add icatian javeleneers, flying men, and crypt.. that makes me happy.. so very happy.

I'm pretty sure that now, except for forces, duals and power, its all foiled.
Why don't you use the Gamingetc. FOIL P9 cards ?

;-)

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:27 pm

well... aside from that they are ugly as sin.. I play exclusively in sanctioned events.. so proxies are out :p
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 pm

i think the legions akroma :-) will be more desired (harder to find, or will be given TS will be opened by the truckloads).. tho between the gemstones.. i think the old border will win out.. + jap language bonuses are possible.. same with tormods

goobafish
Librarities Hero

Post by goobafish » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:14 pm

Legions Akroma, Timeshifted Gemstones, Old face always wins.

orkah
Librarities Member

Post by orkah » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:22 pm

personally I like the 'old' foil versions. I prefer a dci gemstone above the new version.
Offcourse it s nice to have a foil crypt. :-) (although i prefer the dark version or the japanese non foil version).

The problem I have with foil cards in general is the fact they start 'deforming' , and i am always afraid receiving a warning/ game loss because some cards are possibly considered marked.

Mr. Nightmare
Librarities Hero

Post by Mr. Nightmare » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 am

For me personally, Old card face >>>>> New Card face + Giant DCI watermark.

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:03 am

orkah wrote: The problem I have with foil cards in general is the fact they start 'deforming' , and i am always afraid receiving a warning/ game loss because some cards are possibly considered marked.
For some reason, I never had that problem. I dunno know why it does for most people but I tend to always put my cards in a box all tight and then make the box vertical (cause that's the only way it fits into my bag).

And 1 more thought.
Like how most japanese foil type 1 rares are retardedly high, how much are you willing to pay for a foil japanese tormod's crypt? I know 1 guy who has it but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay what he's asking for.